“Cozy Little Spot with HUGE Portions”

Bruno's Ristorante & Catering
Ranked #213 of 1,884 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 22, 2012

My husband and I went to Bruno's over the weekend for a post-Valentine's celebration. You definitely need reservations because the dining room has such limited space. The food is excellent. I had spaghetti marinara and my husband had the gnocchi. The marinara sauce is really chunky. It's a tad on the oily side, but really good. Their salads are also good - I especially like the sweet & sour dressing, and the warm bread with the garlic butter was very tasty too. We had the cassata cake for dessert (again, huge portion), and it was delicious. My husband and i are both are big eaters, and we both ate less than half of our meals. We had full dinners the next night from what we took home.
The service was ok. We've had the same server the last two times. She wasn't super friendly and didn't really check back with us, and I had to flag her down for a second glass of wine, but the food came out very quickly so i couldn't really complain. The server at the table next to us was super friendly, so i think the mediocre service is only specific to the one waitress.
In summary, this is a great little place. It has ambiance, and you definitely get a lot of food for your money!

1  Thank MabelK

Reviewed December 9, 2011

Great time, Great Food, service and so was the Company.
Will go again and again and again.

Reviewed August 3, 2011

Great food, good service - it's just as good if not better than most of the restaurant's in Cleveland's Little Italy neighborhood.

Unfortunately, it's not in the best neighborhood, so if I went back I would again make sure it was during daylight hours.

Reviewed July 27, 2011

Met a client there for lunch. Small intimate Italian Restaurant, great bar, friendly and attentive staff, great food!!! Don't forget to try the stuffed banana peppers!!!

We were there for lunch but would be a great place for a nice intimate evening meal!!!

Reviewed November 12, 2010

This is authentic Italian food at its best!!! All the pasta is homemade and it really makes the difference. Have been here several times and everything is delicious!!! It is a small place that is easy to drive past but don't! Reservation a must on the weekend. Recommend the gnocchi, linguine con vongole, all the veal dishes, wedding soup...I could go on and on! Servers are outstanding...especially Pam & Todd. Prices are ridiculously reasonable and the portions are huge and you MUST save room for the tiramisu!!!

2  Thank Bellojoseph