“Best of Cleveland”
Review of Blue Point Grille

Blue Point Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Point Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 1,840 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: West 6th
Cleveland
“Best of Cleveland”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Best ambiance in a Cleveland restaurant with exceptional quality of food and service. I never get tired of going to this fine dining experience.

• Visited March 2014

Cleveland, Ohio
“Great food in downtown Cleveland”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The Blue Point Grille is consistently excellent. Nice corner location in downtown Cleveland with full window views. The food is always good no matter what you order. Great service...never rushed and a nice wine selection to go with any meal.

1 Thank Pete R
Cleveland, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a disappointment!”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

My husband and I ate at the Blue Point Grille on 2/23/14 after a careful search of internet reviews. We were greeted warmly, the decor was really nice, environment was bright and clean. It was early and not very busy. Our service was very good with multiple staff attending to the table and we really enjoyed our server. It was restaurant week but we weren't wowed by the menu offerings so we choose the regular menu. Our mussel appetizer was nice but not great....the quality of the mussels was very good, sauce bland, bread bland. For the main course I ordered the grouper that was highly suggested by several staff....$35. Though my entree looked really great, it was served on a cold plate which is such a complete and total "no-no" for a restaurant with prices like this. The fish portion, which was served on top of a bed of spinach and lobster mashed potatoes, was nice and hot, nicely sized, and super bland. The potatoes were bland....spinach was great.....sauce was skimpy and bland. After a few bites, the spinach and potato started to get cold. My husband ordered a strip steak but it was really a filet.....which was just ok, and also served on a cold plate. The sauce was very good, the potatoes were salty. All in all....2 cocktails, 1 wine, 1 beer, 1 app, 2 entrees, 2 cordials.....$150.00 before tip ($75 for food/$65 for drinks/ ). I usually give a restaurant a second chance if they have great reviews and we get a so-so meal but at this price point, I'm not so sure? I'm more apt to try another place next time.

1 Thank dinninglist
Clovi
“Good Seafood”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

My wife and I went here on Saturday, February 22, 2014 during Cleveland's Restaurant Week. During this time they offer a limited 3 course menu for $30. Instead of that we picked from the regular menu. My wife had Lane Snapper. She thought it was very good. She is a seafood lover as her parents own a seafood trading company on the East Coast. For this meal she gave her stamp of approval. I had the seared Ahi Tuna. This was a good choice as well. It had broccoli and fried rice with it. It was an Asian inspired theme. As an appetizer we had fried calamari which I would recommend. For dessert we had Caramel Apple Upside Down Cake. This was delicious and was served with Mitchell's Salted Caramel ice cream. Overall this meal was a great experience and great food. It is pricy so expect to spend over $100 if you want drinks and an appetizer as well. Our waitress provided great service. She was very knowledgeable on the seafood and especially the wine. The atmosphere is great and a nice place to go out. This is the perfect downtown restaurant.

“Great dining experience”
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

The Blue Point Grille has it all, a wonderful menu with a top flight wine list. The staff were friendly and knowledgeable. The ambiance was warm and upscale I would definitely come back again. But who comes in for just the service and atmosphere? Not many, it's the food that will keep you coming back for more and this restaurant surely does not disappoint.