“Good Food, Good Beer, Good Waitress” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Great Lakes Brewing Company

Great Lakes Brewing Company
Ranked #7 of 1,832 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Washington, Michigan
“Good Food, Good Beer, Good Waitress”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

I saw this place on TripAdvisor and recognized the name based off of the beer sold in our local stores here in Michigan. So being my boyfriend and I were traveling here for a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame trip, and him being the beer connoisseur that he is, I figured why not. He was definitely excited to go.

First off, the ambiance is gorgeous. We came in late August when there is seating outside, so of course that's where we wanted to sit. It was so pretty, the street way was lit up with lights in the trees, so I was already liking the place based off of aesthetics. We had an excellent waitress who was very friendly and recommended her favorites and what's most ordered.

Both my boyfriend and I ordered the Stilton Cheddar Ale Soup at $6 each (Great, but must like beer of course), I ordered the Pretzel Chicken $15 which was good, and my boyfriend ordered their Mac & Cheese $15 which was also good. In addition to food, my boyfriend ordered the Pub Exclusive beers: Truth, Justice and the American Ale, and the Aloha Ale. He really liked both of them.

I would definitely come back here, but will be prepared for the cost being that our bill INCLUDING tip (20%) came out to almost $70. Sorry, I can't remember the cost of each beer. But we were on vacation and cost was not a factor. Also, if you have a chance go across the street to the West Side Market. It is absolutely stunning. I insisted we go there the next morning and we bought ourselves some crepes for breakfast....So good! Oh and beware of bums on the corner asking you for extra change!

PS: I remember seeing a Great Lakes Brewing shuttle dropping off people and picking them up, it was called the "Fatty Wagon." It says on their website that it's for the Cavaliers and Indians games, however, there weren't any games that night. Here's the link to their website for more information on the shuttle.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank RenaeB

Cleveland, Ohio
“The best damn beer in the world”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

Currently the hottest neighborhood in the city is the home to great food and even greater beer. Anyone who loves a micro/macro beer will know about this brewing company. While it has become known for its Christmas Ale, its other brews are also a tasters delight.

Visited August 2012
OH
“Great Lakes = Great Customer Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Across the street from the Market! So we started off with a very exciting brewery tour. We ended our day with dinner at the restaurant. The food was really good. They had a pig roasting on the pit the day we were there, so that's what I devoured. My wife really enjoyed the cheese soup. And the we split the bread pudding....it was awesome.

Our waitress was very polite and always there to assist us, even though the place was packed.

We'll definitely return and next time we might even bring the youngens.

• Visited August 2012
Northfield, OH
“A great casual dining place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Had great ambiance and a wonderful menu. Lots of fun to be able to try different beers. Casual dinning and very close to Progressive Field

Buffalo, New York
“Awesome Beer!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

I've always loved Great Lakes Beer, so I knew I would love visiting their restaurant. We didn't try their food, as there was a 45 minute wait at 12:30 in the afternoon, but we did try their beer. It was nice because we were able to try a few beers that they only have at the brewery and do not distribute. We did a flight (all the beers they had on tap) for $18. It was definitely worth it, and well worth the stop. Also, the location in Ohio City is a very nice town!

• Visited September 2012