“We're losing the A-Cafe!”
Review of A Cafe - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
A Cafe
Brunswick, Ohio
“We're losing the A-Cafe!”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

My favorite, low-cost breakfast in Cleveland is leaving this month! Where else can you get "home-style" eggs, home fries, toast for under $3? Emil, we're all going to miss you! Moment of silence for no more "Special D Burger" - my lunchtime fave.

Visited October 2013

Buffalo, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Got sick”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Restaurant was clean and service was fast but my granddaughter and I became ill after breakfast there.

Visited August 2013
Ohio
“Nice Find”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We didn't think there were any good mom and pop breakfast spots in the Playhouse Square area, but stumbled on this one and were pleasantly surprised. Nice servings and food was good and hot.

Visited August 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Great meal for the price”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We came here for breakfast and loved it! The atmosphere is friendly and the big windows provide a great view of downtown Cleveland without any outside noise. I had the pancakes which were some of the best I have had from any restaurant, and most others charge at least double what I paid. The staff are friendly and personable in a very genuine way and the prices are unbeatable.

• Visited June 2013
Vestal, New York
“A gem!”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

My partner and I were staying in Cleveland for the weekend and looking for a place for breakfast within walking distance to our hotel. We walked for blocks and even asked some locals and no one could tell us where to go.

We stumbled upon the A Cafe and were warmly greeted by the owner/cook/waiter who seated us immediately. My breakfast of eggs, toast and homefries was exactly what I was looking for and despite being the only one working that day, the owner was extremely attentive and friendly.

This is typical diner food but it was served hot and cost us next to nothing. Definitely an oasis in a the Cleveland breakfast desert. Try it!

• Visited April 2013