“Did anyone say Corned Beef and Matzoh Ball Soup?” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jack's Deli & Restaurant

Jack's Deli & Restaurant
Ranked #52 of 1,802 Restaurants in Cleveland
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Eastlake, Ohio
“Did anyone say Corned Beef and Matzoh Ball Soup?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

OMG...Jack's is da bomb! I have been a customer at Jacks for well over thirty years and they never disappoint. Sometime that wait can be a little long, but the wait is well worth it. They know my family by name. The minute you sit down a bowl of pickles is placed on the table. My favorite are pickled tomatoes.

There are special everyday if you happen not to like corned beef. I usually start off the meal with a cup or if I'm really hungry, a bowl of matzoh ball soup...always a generous and hot piping bowl of soup...made daily. Next a totally stuffed sandwich made to order from the deli counter. Or maybe an order of cheese blintzes.

If there is room in my belly, I'll order a slice of NY cheese cake.

Oy...what a place!

• Visited April 2014

Waterford, Connecticut
“Friendly service, delicious and plentiful food, good for catering”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We had two visits to Jack's this holiday season. First we took my elderly in laws there for dinner. When we arrived at 5:00 there were lots of empty tables, but by the time we finished dinner the place was quite full of families. They seemed especially good at meeting the needs of the older population. I noticed the staff greeted several people by name.
The potato pancakes, corned beef, whitefish salad, and chicken schnitzel were favorites. We shared a slice of pumpkin cheesecake for dessert and it was tasty. The green salad was the only not so great thing-a huge bowl of iceberg lettuce with some chopped vegetables on top. Salad is not the reason to go to this deli! Stick to their specialties and you can't go wrong.

We also ordered a sandwich platter and vegetable tray from their catering department for a post-holiday family gathering. They were very professional in their service, the platters were lovely, and the price was reasonable.
This is an excellent, unpretentious and high quality place.

• Visited December 2013
Albany, NY
“Very Good, A Real Local Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

An old fashioned Cleveland institution, featuring an extensive menu of good food. No atmosphere, except THAT is atmosphere in and of itself. I guess you could say that it features Jewish style deli ( but not kosher). My wife's brisket dinner was excellent as was my stuffed cabbage appetizer ; the matzo ball soup was a bit on the bland side but, then again, I am comparing it to my wife’s homemade version. I like this place-- locally owned, and you can tell the owners care about it very much. The servers were all very nice especially since we arrived 15 minutes before closing. Very reasonably priced and we saw some breakfast items which were absolute bargains.

Visited November 2013
CLEVELAND,OH
“BEST Kosher-style Deli in CLEVELAND”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

The BEST deli in the eastern suburbs of Cleveland. Known for their Tuesday Corned Beef Day, THE BEST CORNED BEEF IN TOWN.. I prefer their Pastrami. However, you must try their home-made soups, out of this world. All sandwiches are piled high and come with either Potato Salad or Cole Slaw. Alvie and Gary are always on hand to greet everyone.
So if you get to University Heights, Ohio, make sure you stop in and have a great meal.

• Visited October 2013
Mentor, Ohio
“Best darn deli in Cleveland”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I was looking for a place to eat after visiting one of the local busnesses in the area, 'K's for Men'. Buddy told me, you have to try Jack's Deli - they make some of the best corn beef in town. Well, I did and after looking at the menu and trying their corn beef sandwich, he was RIGHT! In fact, I've visited and eaten their for the past week and have enjoyed each meal as if it were a home cooked meal. The food, ambiance, the people were all very nice and I'd recommend this restaurant to all my friends.

• Visited October 2013