“an OK place”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 31, 2013

My BF claimed Mama Santa's had the best pizza I would ever eat. It was good pizza but I would not say it was the best I ever had. The service is just OK, they weren't very friendly. The restaurant was not crowded the night we were there but we still felt crowded the way they sat us so close to other tables. I was most dissapointed in the price of a side of french fries $4.00 for a small order of fries. This was not an over flowing basket, just a plate of fries. I would go again.. but only to accomodate my BF.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I practically lived here in college, my girlfriends and I would always stop here after a visit to University Circle. Inexpensive, tasty Italian food, in a friendly, family atmosphere, the one drawback, when it is crowded, it is CROWDED, I mean, you will be basically banging elbows with other diners. The chicken parm is great!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We were in Cleveland for the weekend; we stopped in Little Italy after going to the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame, and randomly chose Mama Santa's to eat a late lunch at. While coming out of the bathroom, a little girl with her mother threw up beside me; that is not the little girl's fault, but no one came to clean up the mess, we had to get the attention of one of the employees who was standing with his back to us , and point out the mess and it needed to be cleaned up. They first just swiped it up with paper towels (gross!); then we mentioned perhaps mopping it. We are just glad we hadn't been eating when this happened!. To top this off, the restaurant was not that busy, and the waitress and another employee were sitting down eating pizza, and I had to flag her down so she could get me more water, and we also wanted more bread. The food was average. I have had much better Italian food though!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I have been going to this restaurant for 50 years. It has always been one of my favorites because it was not formula cooking. However the last 2 visits have been very poor. Both times the service was terrible. Slow service, glasses empty, orders late and wrong. A table next to us waited even longer than we waited and ended up leaving. The manager was aware and did nothing to comp the awful service. The food is still decent although not as good as it once was. The portion are much less and the prices higher. Too bad. When you have a problem once, it could be an exception. When it happens twice in a row and to a table next to you, it's another thing. I would not recommend this place any longer....sad.

1  Thank Tim R
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We choose Mama Santa's based on reviews and price. Dinner for five ran us about $60, no drinks included. Decor is dark and very mom and pop. No outside dining that we could see. Service was excellent. I think the waitress checked on us about 8 times in the hour we were there. The pizza was excellent. Nice and crisp with plenty of sauce and cheese. We also had the home made ravioli and fettuccine. Family loved both. Obviously, everyone has their personal taste, but we loved them both as well as the marinara and Alfredo sauces. The sliced bread served as an appetizer was a nice touch but it was cold and could well have been store bought. Would return without question.