“Awesome Italian !”

Pepper's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #166 of 1,884 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Been here several times and loved it every time. This mom and pop style corner restaurant hides wonderful flavors and aromas. Don't miss garlic bread with cheese to start, while the portion is rather small, the bread and accompanying sauce are amazing. I have had spaghetti with meat sauce and meatballs twice, hearty portion, and you can taste the quality. I tried a piece of my wife's chicken Romano, super tender, juicy, and delicious. We split Cassata cake, it was overpriced by a few dollars, but very good and the portion was too much for even the both of us to finish. This place is a great little gem with a cool patio for summer dining.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Pepper's is a very small restaurant and it does not take reservations. The address listed says it is in Cleveland but it is located in Lakewood which is a suburb. The food is excellent and you are never rushed through your meal. The portions are big and my family and I have never been disappointed by anything we have ordered. I can not say enough about the food and the staff at Pepper's.

2  Thank LeahK123
Reviewed November 20, 2012

First time...it was great! Not a chain!!!!! Personal attention by everyone, including the owner. Atmosphere is great as is the food and service. Awesome.

Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I probably go here about once a month. Excellent Italian on the west side and saves us having to drive down to Little Italy. It is just a tad pricey, but you get a good amount of food (haven't been able to eat my entire meal once in all the times we've eaten there). The only other complaint I would have (if you even want to call it that) are the limited hours.

Bottom line is that I would recommend Pepper's to anyone looking for great Italian food!

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Peppers offered some consolation to Lakewood diners after the closing of the much loved Maria's down the street. The atmosphere is totally different - Maria's was more fine dining while Peppers is a small, mom and pop type of operation. Maria's was dark, romantic, candlelit, Peppers is rustic and simple. And for a while, it was the place to go when we wanted Italian food and didn't want to drive 20 minutes to get to the closest chain.

It's not the best food you've ever eaten (though the eggplant parmagiana and lasagna are remarkably good). Nothing is especially well-seasoned or elaborate and the main dinners don't even include a vegetable side. But again, it beat a 20 minute drive to Olive Garden, and gave you warm fuzzies for supporting a family business.

Then one day we noticed our favorite dishes had been hiked up several dollars each. Suddenly a simple piece of breaded chicken (Romano) and a side of spaghetti costs $15.Garlic bread with your meal? $5. Some fried green beans that probably cost $1.00 to make? Now $7.25. They snuck in Maria's prices without having to provide the quality or the atmosphere.

Peppers has/had a growing base of loyal neighborhood customers - but their price increases were too extreme. There are too many competitors out there to justify what they charge for some pasta with tomato sauce and bread - at least Olive Garden offers unlimited soup and salad, and Macaroni Grille provides endless combinations of pasta toppings.

I'm disappointed - I wanted this to be just as good as Maria's. It isn't, but it WILL have a similar effect on your wallet.

1  Thank HappyFoodie2