“Had a few problems, but it was okay.”

Brown Derby Roadhouse
Ranked #672 of 1,843 Restaurants in Cleveland
Detroit, Michigan
“Had a few problems, but it was okay.”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Service was quick and very helpful. Our waitress had a few suggestions for us, which helped. We ordered the sirloin and shrimp, the ribs and chicken tenders for my son. Menu items seemed a bit pricy and the room was a bit dark. Also, my seat was broken. (I did not tell them about this and that is my fault.) So, here's the shocker. I cut into my son's chicken tender and it was RAW! Very shocking. Now, what I look for in a restaurant is their reaction to this kind of problem. The manager never came to our table, but did take my son's meal off the bill and paid for our dessert. My ribs were tender and tasty. My wife liked her steak and shrimp. So, all-in-all, I thought it was a good restaurant. I feel that the manager should have come to our table when the problem came up, but I also felt the response was appropriate. Had my son bit into this raw chicken tender, then maybe it would be a different story.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Barry N

Austin, TX
“Great Steak!”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Great steak, great tators, great salad!!

Wasn't sure what we were going to get since we were from out of town. We were not disappointed

• Visited June 2012
Painesville
“Great Food and Good Service”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I Have always had an excellent meal here and really great service. With your meal you receive an exceptional salad that is much better than most, and some rolls that are out of this world. They prepared my steak just right and your server never fails to insure that you are happy with the way your food was prepared. Very Nice!! I recommend this Brown Derby for an excellent meal, great service, and a really great value.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank John N
Hudson, Ohio
“Always Flavorful Steaks”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We eat here often and come here mainly for the taste of the meat. The portions are large (huge baked potatoes) and the steaks are always very tasty--much more so than the national steakhouses on every corner. The prices are between those of the national and "premium" steakhouses.

Westernville, New York
“excellent food”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

food was very good with steaks perfectly cooked. not a very extensive wine list but a sufficient selection of dry reds. not very many sweeter wines. tables are a little too close to each other with people banging into us when they were being seated or returning from the restroos

Visited April 2012