“Great Eats and Cool Ambiance”
Review of Hard Rock Cafe - CLOSED

Hard Rock Cafe
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Cleveland, the Nation’s best kept secret in rock n' roll is proudly home to not just the iconic Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and Museum, but the only Hard Rock located in Ohio. Can you say Cleveland Rocks!
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Awesome burgers and the like, loads of cool stuff on the walls, great service. Had a very cozy comfortable feel to it. Didn't come off like your typical chain restaurant.

rwittkopp, General Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2012

I'm glad that you had a great time at our cafe. Thanks for the kind words!

Reviewed December 19, 2012

It was fun enjoying CLE while attending a conference & this Hard Rock Cafe was the dining highlight. Likely the best of the Hard Rock in the chain.

Over the years i've been to many, if not most hard rock cafes across the country, and this is one of the best. The memorabilia is plentiful, with easier access to view than other locations. While the menu is standard hard rock fare - (varied & delicious) - the staff is a cut above. The waitstaff is fun & attentive w/out being in your face - of note - "Curt." Also "Rick" (mgnr?) was cool when a visting basketball superstar stopped in for lunch! I'm sure it's not easy to manage the crowd / fans at times like that, but he facilitated just enough viewing for the crowd while allowing the player to dine in seemingly peace.

Did someone mention loud music? Well helllloooo -- i hope so! This IS the Hard ROCK Cafe afterall. If you want symphonies (not that there's anything wrong with that ;) - The Ritz is right next door. And the music wasn't too loud that we still talked business while enjoying lunch.

Looking forward to another trip to CLE and will definitely revisit this Hard Rock Cafe.

3  Thank Rocker_rep
rwittkopp, General Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

Thank you for the kind words! I'm glad that CLE rocked you.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

Very pretty setting, caring service - if a bit slow, but the booming sound called for earplugs. My friend and I had to choose between a nice conversation and wearing earplugs. We had to opt for the earplugs because we tired of shouting to each other. The hamburger patties are great but everything else i.e. buns, topping, fries, were mundane and expensive. The salad wasn't particularly interesting with tiny pieces of chicken and chunks of lettuce, bland dressing. Having heard so much about this place I was looking forward to the experience. Been there - done that. Now I will move on to more interesting dining pleasures.

I'm sorry that you felt that our music was too loud. We obviously try to stay a notch above the ordinary in everything that we do. Sometimes it's difficult to find the exact "sweet spot".

Reviewed October 28, 2012

The food is the same as every other Hard Rock - good, reliable. But man they have it so loud in there we could not hold a conversation without yelling. Love the music...just knock it down a notch dude

rwittkopp, General Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

We appreciate your feedback.
I'm sorry that we got a little too loud for you! We sometimes get carried away.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Food was average. We orderd nachos with no meat and they added chickin. Waitress kept trying to upsell our orders and get us to buy a membership. The selling took away from the dining experience.

rwittkopp, General Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

I'm sorry that you had a "usual" experience here at the cafe. As well, I apologize for the feeling of being "oversold". Please ask for me on your next trip, as I would like to personally apologize.
Thanks for the feedback!