“Excellent dinner”

1890 Restaurant & Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
1890 Restaurant & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #210 of 1,854 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cross street: Superior and East 6th street
Columbus, Ohio
“Excellent dinner”
Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

My 14 year old son and I arrived at the Hyatt Arcade in an incredibly hungry and tired state. We were famished but too beat to go any distance so we settled for this place because it was right in the Arcade. Boy, am I glad we did! I don't usually rave about complimentary bread basket but this was incredible - nice crunchy crust, obviously freshly baked. We split the flank steak / Gibb lettuce salad to start; it was fresh and tasty. I had the battered walleye sandwich served on a roll with argula and carmalized onions, an interesting combination of flavors and quite good. The corn relish on the side was nice too. My son had the turkey mozzarella panning with homemade chips which he enjoyed. We both had the chocolate cake for dessert it was rich and decadent and came with fresh blueberries and raspberries on the side. We practically had the dining room to ourselves. Only a handful of tables were occupied, so consequently our server was very attentive. A very satisfying meal.

Bridgeport, Connecticut
“Breakfast every day”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I splurged on a recent five-day trip and had breakfast at this hotel restaurant every day. It's the nicest hotel restaurant I can recall. Smart, varied menu and polite and attentive service.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Steeroyo
Atlanta, Georgia
“very good breakfast buffet. great service.”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

tasty buffet-eggs, breakfast pound cakes, french toast, lots of really fresh fruit and especially good service.

Visited October 2012
Clearwater Fl
“Review for lounge only”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I was not happy with our experience here.

Stayed at the Hyatt ARcade while in town and stopped in here one night after dinner for a drink. There were only two other parties here, one, a football fan from the wedding downstairs (obviously more interested in the game then the wedding) who was yelling f bombs the entire time he was here, and a father and his 9 year old son sitting at the bar, yes at the bar, not in the bar area.

The staff saw our annoyed looks at the continues antics of the pig in sheep clothing (AKA The wedding guest) but did nothing to calm his words or his tone. They also did nothing about the 9 year old bellying up to the bar with dad.

We opted for room service after this fiasco.

• Visited September 2012
Dover, Ohio
“Historical gem!”
Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Hyatt 3 nights. We ate breakfast at 1890 3 mornings. The weekend buffet is amazing! We went back for the ribeye a second night (even w/ all the downtown restaurant choices) because it was perfection! My only complaint was the weekday breakfast....many healthy options, but bland. My husbands sandwich and my egg white, feta & spinach frittata were both disappointing. But the staff was friendly, service was great, and do the creator of that French toast that is served on the buffet...kudos! I rarely eat dessert, but this was so amazing I had to go back for seconds!

2 Thank trstme