“Loved the large, enclosed garden patio for al fresco dining in the middle of a busy urban area!”

Guarino's Restaurant
Ranked #53 of 1,868 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I truly enjoyed my veal parmesan, and the accompanying salad was fresh and appetizing. My husband reported that both the light wedding soup and the lasagna were very good. We were disappointed, however, that no fresh bread was provided. Also, the wine list was limited, and the first bottle I selected was not available the night we dined there.

14  Thank Donna M

Reviewed August 27, 2012

What a fantastic find!!!! Scott and his staff could not have been nicer !!! We needed handicapp access and since we couldn't get in front door he had us go to their patio. This was after a very long, emotional day at Cleveland Clinic. It had just rained and we weren't sure about eating outside but it was great. What a wonderful, authentic atmosphere the patio setting was ! The food was amazing !! Scott was so personable and made us feel special !!! This is a must !!

11  Thank HeidiandCarl
Reviewed August 23, 2012

the greeting was very friendly from the women running the restaurant. the bread was delicious with a nice chewy crust. the noodles were NOT al dente the way i prefer and the sauce left somewhat to be desired.I loved the tacky old italian atmosphere and was happy with that and the chianti was very nice. but i have to admit i was dissapointed in teh pasta as i have had much better and more authentic italian food elsewhere. Note that i am italian so i grew up on very good authentic food.

7  Thank Travlgrl757
Reviewed August 17, 2012

The decor at Guarino's is really fun. My Aunt and I were there last night for the 2nd day of the Feast of the Assumption. We were surprised that a place with such upscale decor had very cheap diner-type paper napkins. Our server, Gretchen, was great. Very friendly and informative. The dinner salad was nothing special at all - bag mix with little square commercial croutons. Dressing was tasty. Italian wedding soup was very reminiscent of the Campbell's condensed soup I serve my kids for lunch. For our dinner, we enjoyed a bottle of Mambo wine, which was yummy, Chicken Saltamboca, and Seafood Linguini in olive oil/garlic sauce. Those were excellent!

10  Thank Rochelle M
Reviewed August 8, 2012

The food was good, the service attentive and friendly and the wine selection limited but what we had was very good. The garden in back is excellent on a nice summer evening. It's just that the food is good - not great.

3  Thank Randalljay