“This place has gone way downhill”
Review of Lemon Grass - CLOSED

Cuisines: Thai, Vietnamese
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
“This place has gone way downhill”
Reviewed August 18, 2009

I haven't been to Lemon Grass in at least a year or so, but the last time I was there I loved it and was it excited to go back. I tried to check the website before I went, but it seems to be out of order. I should have taken that as a bad sign of what was to come. We arrived around 6pm on a Friday evening. The place was dead. This place used to be packed on Friday nights. We got seated right away outside. We ordered and the food came out quickly but the Tamarind Prawns we ordered, smelled and tasted foul. The prawns (just shrimp) were clearly the coconut appetizer shrimp reheated for this entrée. You could see remains of the coconut on the shrimp. We sent it back and got an order of Pad Thai. Even the Pad Thai wasn't good. The shrimp were rubbery and fishy smelling. The noodles were over sweetened. It’s a shame this place has gotten so bad, used to be one of the better Thai places in the area. Now I would avoid it.

cleveland
“unbelievable attitude---in a bad way”
Reviewed November 8, 2008

I have never had such poor service at any restaurant....

We have been there many times before and loved it...however getting worse since ownership change last year..

We were there tonight... Service was incredibly slow and waitress had to be "waved down" to get her attantion. Food which used to be fast was very slow....complained to manger twice......now get ready for this.....we were told upon getting the check (which also took forever) that is is "our policy not to offer any comp for anything no matter how poor the service or food is as we are not one of those big corporate chains". This actually came from the mamager himself!!!! My wife and I were in absolute shcok as I havew never heard of such a policy...what ever happened to taking care of your customers...This is particuarly shocking as we have dined there very frequently..probably an average of twice a month for the last several years (which the manager knew as as we see him every time we go in). So even after we had the slow/bad service if we would have been offered even a small comp...the appertizer we gotw as $5.25...we would have felt better and attributed all to a bad night and returned as...Lemon Grass has been my favorite for years.... But now do thye service but mostly the UNBELIEVABLE attitude of the manager and more unbeleivable policy of never comping..WE ARE STILL IN SHOCK ON THAT ON!!! we who probably spend $1000 per year there will NEVER return and will tell all our friend and family to do the same!!!!!!

and the thing is an apology and small 5$ comp would have made us happy!!!!! This is definetly not the way to run a business.......They have lost two very loyal customer....It's funny, people alwayd tell us to try the other Thai restaurant in the area, MINT, and we have always stayed loyal to Lemon grass.....until tonight...Next time we will try MINT on Coventry rd.

1 Thank malp2008
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“best thai in the cleveland area”
Reviewed October 11, 2008

best thai in the cleveland area

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Excellent Thai food. Reasonably priced. Good service.”
Reviewed July 20, 2008

Excellent Thai food. Reasonably priced. Good service.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook