“Amazing Menu...Incredible Taste!”

Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 12, 2012

We visited on a Thursday night. The location is a bit sketchy located in the spectrum of long ago closed factories but don't let that deter you. Once inside the renovated factory where Li Wah is tucked away rests Cleveland's diamond in the rough. The dining room is immaculate with a professional and friendly staff readied to serve with a smile. The menu is several pages long that will test your patience while you try to figure out what you really want from all the choices. I ordered the shrimp and squidd on white rice but try anything you desire since you're in a can't lose situation. This is the best Chinese restaurant I have experienced in 6 years. Enjoy this hidden talent Cleveland residents!

1  Thank DINSTAAR
There are newer reviews for Li Wah Restaurant

Reviewed March 11, 2012

Got to go on a Sunday afternoon for lunch. It will blow you away to see all the Americans eating dim sum. Chinese ladies rolling carts around with freshly steamed plates of foods with so many selections. My friends that have visited China say it is just like being there. I wish I could get down there every Sunday!
Just in case, the regular menu is very good. Try the pan fried noodle dishes, they are excellent!

1  Thank Lenofleroy
Reviewed February 23, 2012

My wife and I discovered Li Wah through a friend some years back. We now make occasional jaunts from Erie, PA (1 hr. 45min. trip!) just to get dim sum on Sat. or Sun. mornings. Food is served from little carts where prepared portions are chosen by diners. It helps to know a little beforehand what the items are because they can definitely be pretty exotic for typical American tastes. Their dinner menu shouldn't be missed either. We ate there last night and I'm still amazed by the meal I had: steamed fresh tilapia (really fresh! It was swimming in a tank minutes before it was served to us!) and baby bok choy in a wonderful garlic sauce. Experienced eaters will delight in the delicate fish, which is served whole with a delicious ginger sauce, but you must be able to navigate bones...

1  Thank jubrazenar
Reviewed January 19, 2012

According to the manager...this is the only restaurant between Chicago and New York serving dim sum style, with the little steamer carts constantly up and down the aisles.
I enjoyed the Hunan Chicken, but next time will try the dim sum plates. I also learned that it is insulting to this culture not to share your meal. Usually with family we share plates, but with clients...not so much. This restaurant is located in cluster of stores known as Asian Town. I will return to sample more of the menu.

1  Thank RoadDogs70
Reviewed December 29, 2011

if you want an experience like you'd get in New York's Chinatown, go to Li Wah for Dim Sum Love it here