“Over Priced..”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Went to Hyde Park last weekend...If I am going to pay this kind of prices, Ill go to Mortons...
We had a free appetizer card from the Ritz carlton where we stayed. Our server made such big deal out of this ..We couldnt pick a appetizer for the menu.. the chef decided what to give us..It was bad..
For what we spent - they should be ashamed of themselves...Now the food The lobster was very good...Steak ok - crab cakes so so small.. wedge salad so good.. - baked potato ok..
lamb chops (3 chops) you will leave hungry if you order them..served not friendly...had to beg to refill our water glasses ..never around, had to ask any server who walked by for more bread..
pretzel bread very good.. It was not busy for a weekend.. but Mortons was so busy next door..

2  Thank Debbiem_10
There are newer reviews for Hyde Park Prime Steakhouse

Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

We dined here for Valentines Day and enjoyed our experience. The food was prepared perfectly and the atmosphere was lovely. Desserts were incredible! We were disapointed in the valet service. The polite gentleman never moved our car and didn't even take our keys but charged us and accepted a tip without any gesture of appreciation. Our food arrived before we tasted our salad and we felt a bit rushed. We enjoyed it and will return but would have appreciated better timing and a less rushed experience.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Stopped for lunch because of prior great dinner experience at other locations of this chain steakhouse. Res was honored immediately-the place was very busy . Waitstaff was friendly and efficient but not too "chummy". Nice touch that several staff members attended to us over the course of the meal,capped by a visit from the very personable manager.

Companion had chicken dish which was outstanding! Portion was large-three breasts for lunch. I had fabulous french onion soup and salad. Soup was easily one of the best I've had in ANY restaurant. Prices were reasonable and service excellent. Will defiinitely return for lunch and/or dinner next time I am in the area. If you go, res are suggested.

Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

I was so excited to take my husband here fir his birthday. We were in from out of town and I heard great things about the Hyde Park restaurants. Needless to say we were very DISAPPOINTED!! My husbands Delmonico steak wasn't even a half inch thick and cooked to a crisp! My medium well filet was mooing at me and still had no flavor. With drinks,appetizers, and dinner, we had a $200 bill. I don't mind paying that kind of money but not when u get HORRIBLE food!! Money down the drain! If I were u, I would prob try Morton's across the street

2  Thank Gina B
Reviewed November 10, 2012

My wife and I were there last night for our anniversary. The best thing about this place is service. Grade A, top notch, fine dining experience. We ordered a bottle of Pinot Noir on the waiter's recommendation, and it did not disappoint. For the first course, I ordered the escargot and my wife had the half wedge salad. While it wasn't he best I've ever had, it was very good. My wife's salad was also very good. For the main course we each ordered the filet, me the 10oz. and her the 7oz. We also ordered the potatoes gruyere gratin. Now in my experience here, you order your steak medium-rare and it comes out rare, so naturally we ordered medium. Big mistake on my part. Mine came out medium well to almost well and was somewhat tough. Not how filet should be cooked. My wife's, was cooked to a nice medium and was tender and flavorful. The manager asked us if we were enjoying our meal and I explained that I ordered my steak medium, and showed him the results. He agreed it was "medium plus" in is words. To make up for it, we got a complimentary dessert. I don't eat dessert. My wife enjoyed it though. Overall the experience was good except for my steak. It was really disappointing to have spent $183 plus tip to leave there feeling unfulfilled due to the poor quality of my steak. You expect a lot more from Hyde Park. With so many other great restaurants in town, it will be a while before I return there.

1  Thank TommyM29