WINNER WONDERLAND

“Historical atmosphere, excellent food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Don's Lighthouse

Don's Lighthouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Don's Lighthouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #97 of 1,822 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Clifton
Twinsburg, Ohio
“Historical atmosphere, excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

I took my wife to Don's Lighthouse Grille for her birthday. I like to take her somewhere new each year and typically search for a "fancy" spot that serves seafood. The location was easy to find and there was plenty of parking (we went on a Monday night at 7:00). The restaurant was very clean, the staff were very pleasant and professional.

We both had seafood dishes (Chilean sea bass and walleye) that were prepared perfectly. Our waitress forgot to bring our appetizer prior to our meal being served, but immediately apologized and offered to take it off the bill. The building has a rich history in the city of Cleveland and it is painted to reflect that with a nice subtle homage to the city. The real oil lamps at the tables were a great touch. Our drinks were refilled very often and we could not have asked for better ambiance, décor, or service.

• Visited April 2014

Burlington, North Carolina
“Amazing Food, Great Service, all Around Great Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

We went to dinner here with my husband's parents while they were visiting. We enjoyed it and thought the food was the best we have had. I had the Chilean Sea Bass, the guys had steaks, and we samples the soups and salads. The service was outstanding- our server was always available but also gave us time to enjoy dinner without checking on us too much. We tried several desserts and they were all great as well. We will definitely go back and will recommend this place to others.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank jewelsnicole
Cleveland, Ohio
“Half price appetizers 430pm to 630pm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

Freshest seafood in Cleveland - just 5 minutes west of downtown at the end of the shoreway heading west....daily specials...the best value 1/2 price appetizers Monday - Friday I get the crab cakes and mussles...real crab meat 2 crab cakes $6 and mussules $6 - Good steak and lobster...Has been around a long time...great value...Cleveland Tommy loves this place...I watch sports at the bar - very good service - reasonable prices...can meet a nice lady at the bar...enjoying her after work drink...

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank ClevelandTaxiTommy
Cleveland, Ohio
“Will go back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

I have not been to this restaurant in probably 15 years. The scallops were excellent; the Bistro salad was fresh and light. We ordered off of the early menu and were delighted with the choices. My only grip is that the tables were very close together and we overheard every conversation around us.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank IslandZ29928
Anaheim, California
“A Cleveland Landmark”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Since I no longer reside in Cleveland, it's been years since I've been to this true Cleveland Landmark. Time has treated Don's very well. Nothing reveals it's age, everything is well kept.
I attended a lunch group with a total of 25 women. As the food came out the ooohs & asaahs began. Presentation of every dish was lovely & the service was great!
My mom & I both began with the very yummy French Onion Soup.
I then ordered the salmon BLT which was excellent & I was pleasantly surprised at the portion size of the salmon. 25 women were happy--that alone says a lot!

3 Thank CharlaAV711