“Excellent Dining Experience”

Alfredo's at the Inn Italian Restaurant
Ranked #158 of 1,884 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Alfredo's at the Inn is a Cleveland restaurant tradition in great Italian and American dining for over 40 years. Alfredo's is located inside the Holiday Inn Cleveland - Mayfield in quaint Mayfield Village. We specialize in pasta, veal, chicken ,seafood, steaks and our famous desserts including canolis, tirimisu and cassata cake. When visiting during the summer, be sure to sit on the patio which over looks the fountain garden. We offer full bar service including wines by the glass and a cozy cocktail lounge. On premises we offer full service banquet facilities for your next special event.
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Alfredo's at the Inn is a wonderful place with excellent food and outstanding service. Our group of 4 enjoyed appetizers of wedding soup, and calamari. Dinner choices were the Veal Herberto and the Chicken Herberto, all cooked to perfection! We certainly will go back, and are anxious to try the breakfast buffet as well.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

The last time (years ago) I had eaten here was so unhappy an experience it became an inside (office) joke. The memory of the food faded but the decor and neglectful service remained along with my image of artificial plants and tiny lights.
I was not looking forward to a return but a co-worker who was retiring chose Alfredo's as it is one of her favorites and she has had other celebrations there. When we arrived she was warmly greeted by the hostess who had set aside two round tables for our group of 13. The decor has been updated and the artificial trees were nowhere to be found. A row of little lights seemed to have been moved to the outdoor patio area.
Our server was Tracy and she was extremely attentive and professional especially when having to reach over to serve. She efficiently delivered all courses, and was ready to offer refills of beverages and respond to special requests. No problem with the need for all the separate checks which was also a swift process.
I recent newspaper review led to my trying the potato crusted white fish. This was served with a side of pasta though a vegetable option was also available. I wish I had taken a second look at the menu before leaving...because I am still wondering like the old "where's the beef??" lady, where was the potato?? In my mind I had envisioned the cod served baked with some potato piped on top and lightly browned...what was on the plate were 4 smaller square/rectangular pieces of lightly coated and fried (it seemed) fish. Fresh and hot (as was the bread delivered with the salads before the entrees) it wasn't the kind of thing I would rave about, but was certainly acceptable.
Full, dessert was declined by all, but the table was presented with a huge celebratory tray of what is known as fried dough...longer and flater with a little twist, and a cousin to beignets...they were dusted with powdered sugar and drizzled with raspberry sauce...and were delicious.
Although I would not likely be a hotel guest here, if I were, it would be very nice to have the varied menu (which is varied but has a heavy emphasis on Italian standards) accessible for take-out to go back to the room with. There were a variety of salads that allowed for adding a protein...some soups....and a very tempting display of baked goods in the case at the entryway.
I am glad this memory will (mostly) replace the prior visit.
Note: the odd thing was that the menus, in numbers 1.5 -2" tall, says 2011 on the front corner...

1  Thank Maliesmom
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We ate there for Father's Day, on the patio, and had a very nice time. The view outdoors was beautiful, and very peaceful. They have an enormous fountain with flowers all around it. You could forget where you are and think you're in a garden in Italy. The food tasted great as was the service.

Reviewed June 23, 2012

The lunch menu was varied and the food I odered was very good.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

Went there for lunch with wife's family reunion of about 10 people. I was pleasantly surprised but then again I don't eat much for lunch...had a salad with some chicken as we had a long out of town ride ahead of us. Everyone seemed to enjoy their meals, might consider going back there but wouldn't go out of my way. I think they may have a nice patio. Service was friendly and competent though the room was a little old fashion for my taste.