“A lot of issues”

Ranked #171 of 1,884 Restaurants in Cleveland
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 30, 2013

A friend and myself decided to take in a dinner cruise while in Cleveland for the weekend and booked this one for Saturday night. The first issue was the line to board was long because they insisted on taking a picture of everyone boarding. We finally got on board and were seated with six other people. Dinner was a buffet and quite honestly the food was not that good. It tasted like it had been prepared several hours prior to the cruise. The best part of the meal was probably the cheese cake for dessert. After dinner we went up to the observation deck but since it was dark and by that time we were beyond the Cleveland metro area, you could not see anything. In addition, there was no narrative about the area or sights, just a DJ playing old music. In addition, the cruise is three hours long and by the time we got back, most people seemed very anxious to get off. Sailing in the dark is not very exciting and a bad meal even makes it worse. I would suggest to the operators to start their cruises earlier in the fall to allow the passengers to see the city both at daytime with points of interest highlighted and to finish the cruise at sunset so as to allow the passengers to view the sunset and the lights of the city.

3  Thank William J

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Took my nephew on a Saturday lunch cruise. What sold me on the idea was that I saw on cleveland.com that it was a magic cruise with a magician on board. We boarded early, and my nephew got a little antsy waiting for departure. But, that was the only moment.

The server (I wish I remembered her name as she was AMAZING with my nephew and a delight to talk to.) was very attentive and brought us drinks immediately. The peach iced tea was very good. If you are on a budget, keep in mind that the only drinks included with your ticket is coffee, tea, and water.

Our dinner mates were very friendly, talkative, and genuinely nice people. I know that added a lot to our experience. In fact, I think I made some good friends as we have been in contact since our cruise. Parties of two are sat with other people. It was also nice that another little boy was at the table next to us, so my nephew had someone to talk to and pal around with.

The food was good - was not cheap buffet food, but was not 5-star quality either. There was a salad bar with a green salad and prepared salads. The hot food included fish, chicken, beef, and pasta choices. LOVED that the server waited for you to go through the salad area to take your plate back to the table for you while you continued on the buffet. Dessert was a lemon cake with raspberry sauce. It was truly delicious!

The magician was great with the kids. My nephew's laughter was music to my ears.

After dinner, we went up to the top deck. Remember to wear sun screen and bring a hat and/or sunglasses to fully enjoy the scenic ride. We did. I took lots of pictures of downtown Cleveland and the shore. Our waitress even came up to ask us if we wanted additional drinks - another service I loved!

Overall, we had a great time and would do it again.

2  Thank Angie_Ohio
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We took the Nautica Queen Lunch cruise the weekend after the 4 th of July to experience the Tall Ships. The ship and crew were helpful and gracious. Everyone that we dealt with was very friendly and welcoming.

We were traveling with my 82 year old father. He has some mobility issues (uses a cane, avoids long walks and stairs, etc).. I spoke to an agent at the 800 number before making reservations. She advised that the ship is considered accessible, but toilet facilities were on an upper level. She recommended that I note our needs on the reservation and said that they would try to accommodate.
All seats on the boat are reserved. We were assigned seating near the entrance on the first floor. This was perfect for my dad. He could enjoy the cruise, but didn't have far to travel from the dock to our seats. Another passenger on the boat was not so fortunate. She arrived In a wheel chair. The crew was great. They had a ramp to get her on board, but her party was seated upstairs. Family members carried this woman up the steps to be with her group. I don't know if the large reunion that she was with had contacted the cruise company, or not. I would highly recommend that anyone needing a more accessible cruise talk to the agents in advance.

Food on the luncheon cruise was good. The salad contained several varieties of lettuce. There were a number of salad bar add ons that were all good. The green beans served seemed to be fresh, not frozen and were well cooked. Broccoli, cauliflower and carrot medley was somewhat over cooked. The entrees, beef, chicken and fish were all good. The cruise was the star of this show. Food was fine, just not a five star meal.

As a total experience, this cruise was a real winner. We got to see the tall ships from the water. The captain did a great job of steering around the ships so that we got lots of great views. We enjoyed the meal and service was great.

2  Thank Melanie E
Reviewed June 10, 2013

First the staff was excellent accomodating our wedding cruise on June 1. Colleen is so great to work with and an asset to this company as she has done this for over 20 years. Everyone was so helpful and made this a wonderful experience of having our wedding reception on a boat. The food was very good too!

3  Thank Juliana M
Reviewed May 31, 2013

The Goodtime III happy hour cruises on Fridays are so much fun. Being on the water is great, but I do prefer those trips over the Nautica.

3  Thank Whitney A