“Voted Best Neighborhood Restaurant”
Review of Fat Cats

Fat Cats
Ranked #89 of 1,881 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Fat Cats is located in the historic Tremont Neighborhood, just south of downtown Cleveland. This converted home lends itself to a cozy and intimate atmosphere and there is a great view of the Cleveland Skyline.

Tremont was slated to be the location of Cleveland University. Those plans never developed but street names like: Literary, Professor and University still remain. The community is centered around a large green space called Lincoln Park. For you architectural buffs, there are plenty of restored Victorian homes in the area as well.

My family and I celebrated a holiday dinner at Fat Cats and were very pleased. Our waiter, Ryan, was great! Having two vegetarians and one vegan in the group, he was helpful and accommodating with their special requests. The food came out in a timely manner and everything was prepared to our liking.

We started out with the Cheese Plate and Crispy House fries. The fried egg on the fries was unusual and very good. All the entrée’s (Mac & Cheese, Crispy Tofu Sandwich, Mushroom Risotto, Rack of Lamb , and Scallop special) along with our desserts (Crème Brulee and Sunken Chocolate Cake) were delicious!

I would recommend checking this place out. For an after dinner drink go to 806 Martini Bar, The Tree House or the Velvet Tango Room.

*Check out my other Trip Advisor Reviews under www.tripadvisor.com/members/wayfaringwriter or read my blog at www.wayfaringwriter.com.

1  Thank WayfaringWriter

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Fats Cats was a home converted to a restaurant in the trendy neighborhood of Tremont just outside of downtown Cleveland. Bon Apetit Magazine voted it the Best Neighborhood Restaurant in the Country. While I don't know the criteria for the award I would say it is a great little restaurant with a cozy atmosphere and a great view of the Cleveland skyline.

I went there with my family for a Christmas Holiday celebration. Our waiter, Ryan, was excellent. All the food came out on time and prepared very well. We had two vegetarians and a vegan in our group. They were very good about accomodating their special requests.

Try it for yourself, I think you will be pleased! If you are looking for something to do after dinner there are a couple great little places like The Southside, The Flying Monkey, 806 Martini Bar and The Tree House within walking distance.

Follow my travel blog at www.wayfaringwriter.com

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Enjoyed the best omelette ever during their Saturday Brunch. Very unique menu items for about $10 and $5 spicy bloody marys.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Great food, attentive waitress in a relaxed friendly atmosphere. As a visitor to Cleveland many of my food experiences had not been great until I was taken to Fat Cats !

Reviewed September 13, 2012

After reading the other reviews, I can't help but wonder if the chef was having an "off" night or if people are so impressed by the atmosphere they are ok with average food and drinks at higher end prices. While nothing was awful, we were disappointed in the portion sizes, and nothing wowed us. I wouldn't go back or recommend it over many other simarlarly priced, ecclectic, fun places (ie Parallax, Thyme2 in Medina).