All reviews east bank of the flats light sleeper warehouse district bars and restaurants other cities valet parking within walking distance lake erie the hotel is clean night's sleep staff was very friendly and helpful browns stadium cavs game rock and roll hall corner room progressive field hip
Reviewed September 23, 2018

The rooms were clean but the sink area was separate from the toilet room. Normally not a problem except you have to turn on a significant amount of lighting to use if you get up and it's dark.. No night light, no towel bars, really? We hung our towels on the cloths hangers. Beds were comfortable, decent location in the flats. 20 minute walk to ballparks, close to warehouse district for more restaurants but a lot of Cleveland is walkable for bars and restaurants.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Bill R, General Manager at Aloft Cleveland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2018

Thank you for staying at the Aloft Cleveland Downtown. We are pleased that you enjoyed our location and property, however I do apologize that there is not additional storage in our rooms for your needs. Aloft as a brand is "Different by Design" and not what a lot of frequent travelers experience when traveling. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future if your travels bring you back to the downtown Cleveland area.

Reviewed September 23, 2018

Location was great as you could walk to all types of bars & restaurants. Stayed here for a conference, the conference facilities were nice. Bed was comfortable. Room and bathroom could really use a deep cleaning though. Ironing board missing in my room...I used the bed as I didn't have time to call the front desk due to conference scheduling. Not a place to travel with your children.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Thank you for your recent visit and for taking the time to provide feedback from your stay. I am sorry that you were not aware that the ironing board is located in the cubby attached to the bed. We may need to provide a sticker or locator for this amenity. We appreciate your business and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

Not impressed. Carpets throughout were stained and not clean. Got a handicapped-accessible room (didn’t request it) and the shower was awful. Removable head wouldn’t stay in place so you had to stick it in the handrail. So there was water all through the bathroom, including toilet paper etc. Price for parking was not listed on their reservation page, so you didn’t know what it cost before arrival. When you pull up, it’s not clear where you’re supposed to park - the lobby is not on the street level so you can’t ask them before you need to park - and the valet attendant didn’t tell you anything. Then you have to take an elevator to get up to the lobby. Strange set-up and you’re in the Flats which is not a great place to be with two women alone at night. Complained about the shower when we checked out really early the next morning and the staff said they’d tell management about our problem. Didn’t hear anything back.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank taycamsmom

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent visit. I am sorry that you experienced a shower that was not working properly and we have resolved the issue with the shower head. I understand the challenges our property presents for first time visitors and apologize that the charges were not communicated more effectively prior to your arrival. We understand that there are many options when traveling and I am available if there is any assistance I can provide to you if your travels bring you back to the downtown Cleveland area.

Reviewed September 6, 2018 via mobile

Everything was a bit disappointing. The Valet was shady to start. He was vague regarding my parking options when I pulled up. The room was dingy. The blind was broke on one of the windows (picture attached). When leaving for dinner I told an employee at the front desk about the blind. No one ever came to fix it, room was disappointing. Never again.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Mountiangirl21
Reviewed August 21, 2018 via mobile

I thought the hotel was really nice. The valet parking was a bit slow but otherwise the service was pleasant and welcoming. The bar and restaurant on the bottom floor were convenient it there are a lot of other nearby options if you want.
The bed was comfortable but the AC was a little loud. The bathroom door would not close but it did not matter as I was alone in the room anyway. The towels were super plush but not bath sheet size. Nice amenities like coffee, free wi fi and microwave And fridge.
I faced the lake and the flats and didn’t hear any sirens or other noises.

Date of stay: August 2018