“Unique atmosphere, contemporary hotel”

Aloft Cleveland Downtown
Ranked #27 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Place seems brand new and has a loft-like lobby with high ceilings, exposed ducts, and an active bar opposite the check-in. We had an excellent view from our room of the riverfront and the "Flats" - truly a classic Cleveland portrait. Although the room was a little small, the bed was one of the most comfortable we've slept in. Staff was friendly and helpful. Because it was so cold when we stayed there, we chose to drive to the Rock-and-Roll Hall of Fame instead of walking, which is about a mile away. Future development underway in the immediate neighborhood should make this a destination hotel for Cleveland.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Robert K
Bill R, General Manager at Aloft Cleveland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2014

Thank you for you review and kind words of our property. We are pleased that you enjoyed your visit and look forward to another opportunity to serve you. We love our location and I agree as the development continues that the Flats will be the destination that it once was in Cleveland. Thanks again for your comments.

There are newer reviews for Aloft Cleveland Downtown

Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

New place with great atmosphere. Very modern with an industrial feel. Good rooms and a great view of the West Bank of the flats. Access to three restaurants/bars make this place a good vacation spot. I would definitely recommend this place.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank barth37

Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding our property. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to future visits. Our intent is to be the place people want to be and comments like yours will help us spread the word. We look forward to future opportunities to serve you.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

This was my first time staying at an Aloft hotel, and I loved the huge windows, natural light and decor of the lobby/bar area.I agree with other reviwers that the entrance is weird and even confusing. They're currently remodeling and are re-naming some of the building floors, which makes for an annoying few minutes the first time you try to exit the lobby (reception didn't tell me this, rather another hotel guest). The rooms were small but well designed. Temperature control was a bit of an issue for me - I was either hot or cold with the heat/AC turning on constantly to keep my room at 70 F. This hotel is definitely focused on male business travelers - they only offer 2-in-1 shampoo and don't have conditioner available. Don't waste your money on the breakfast-included rate - they just give you a voucher for the a la carte breakfast they serve near Reception, and you definitely don't need $20 worth of food/drink. I think Reception could be more helpful. They didn't give me my breakfast vouchers or explain how to use them, nor did they mention the remodeling and floor number confusion. They also advised the train below the riverside rooms ran until 11pm, but it was more like 1am.

Room Tip: Don't choose riverside unless you're a deep sleeper - they say the trains stop at 11pm, but...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Terra C
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is weird. That's the best word I can come up with. You enter the hotel through the parking garage and go up an elevator to find the lobby. Room was tiny. One girl at the front desk wasn't very nice at all!! But I didn't catch her name. This aloft just isn't for me. I Wouldn't stay here again.

Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank allexx2
Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

The Aloft Hotel is a uniquely upscale hotel. The room was ultra modern albeit a bit on the small side. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The only downside was the location. It was advertised as being in the heart of the entertainment area but to be honest to get to the restaurant district you have to walk up a fairly steep hill and in the middle of winter that was no fun. Outside of that the hotel was clean and well run.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank knyosh
Bill R, General Manager at Aloft Cleveland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Thank you for your review of our property and we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I agree that the winter weather has made things difficult accessing attractions near the hotel. We anxiously await the spring weather and also are looking forward to the Phase 2 development project which will bring the entertainment to our front door. Again, thank you for the comments and we look forward to another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for night out on the town. We had a great time. This hotel has a sleek, cool feel without feeling overbearing or pretentious. The staff was very nice, and the room was clean and comfortable. The view of The Flats and Lake Erie had an undeniably Cleveland feel. I travel often for work, and rarely find myself looking out the window as much as I did here. The entertainment and dining options were limitless with several restaurants in the building and the Warehouse District just around the corner. This hotel manages to be fun, unique, AND affordable. Well Done!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Got a room on the 6th floor with a view of the lake. There was some construction on the lot across that may obstruct the view in the future
The hotel is clean, quiet (except trains once in a while). It is located next to the building of an auditing firm and the modern style was a contrast to the old industrial feeling around.
Parking was confusing, and getting out even more because the automatic payment station was out of service (which is not the hotel responsability but worth mentioning).
A few restaurants within walking distance.
I really liked the place and the staff was super nice.

Room Tip: Get the higher floor for a better view of the lake
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business