“Great stay for business or weekend getaway”

Aloft Cleveland Downtown
Ranked #27 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
Reviewed February 23, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for night out on the town. We had a great time. This hotel has a sleek, cool feel without feeling overbearing or pretentious. The staff was very nice, and the room was clean and comfortable. The view of The Flats and Lake Erie had an undeniably Cleveland feel. I travel often for work, and rarely find myself looking out the window as much as I did here. The entertainment and dining options were limitless with several restaurants in the building and the Warehouse District just around the corner. This hotel manages to be fun, unique, AND affordable. Well Done!

There are newer reviews for Aloft Cleveland Downtown

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Got a room on the 6th floor with a view of the lake. There was some construction on the lot across that may obstruct the view in the future
The hotel is clean, quiet (except trains once in a while). It is located next to the building of an auditing firm and the modern style was a contrast to the old industrial feeling around.
Parking was confusing, and getting out even more because the automatic payment station was out of service (which is not the hotel responsability but worth mentioning).
A few restaurants within walking distance.
I really liked the place and the staff was super nice.

Room Tip: Get the higher floor for a better view of the lake
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Overall very pleasurable stay. I came downtown to take my girlfriend out for a special valentines day evening. I had requested a bottle of champagne to be delivered to the room before i got there and that was done with no problem. The hotel seemed to be busy but the front desk was very helpful and seemed to handle the volume of customers very well. The room looked great and very clean, nice modern feel made it easy to get a good nights sleep. Before we went out to dinner we stopped down at the WXYZ bar and had Rachel as our waitress. She greeted us quickly and was very polite in delivering us drinks. My girlfriend and I aren't big drinkers to it was very helpful to have a waitress that knew what she was talking about. The drinks were delicious by the way. Great atmosphere down at the bar. There were two younger gentleman bar tending that seemed to be having a good time and the customers at the bar seemed to enjoy it as well. Hard to find in a bar setting anymore these days. I don't write many reviews but my stay was more than i expected so i just wanted to share with all of you. If you are staying downtown in Cleveland i would recommend staying at aloft and be sure to stop down at the bar for a fun experience.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Justin C
Bill R, General Manager at Aloft Cleveland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We're pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to a future visit.

Regards,

Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

This is a brand new hotel, built in a great area with quick access to the Flats and Warehouse district. My wife and I stayed one night over Valentine's day. We tried it to get a different experience vs the Holiday Inn, Hampton, and Hilton Garden Inn we've stayed in before. Overall the hotel is very clean and modern, and the staff very friendly.

We just felt the room wasn't very comfortable. We had a room on the 2nd floor and on the Flats side. We did get noise from the trains but also could plainly hear noise from the club below. I higher floor and on the other side of the building and both of those things probably would have been a non issue.

So, we tried it and we're glad we did, but would probably stay somewhere else next time.

1  Thank Ben L
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

This is a clean hip hotel near the lake. Three expensive restaurants at street level. Nice clean room. Nothing special other than blackout curtains that create the darkest sleep experience ever. The entire staff are the nicest I have ever met at any hotel. Well trained and genuinely nice. Stay for the staff!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback from your recent visit. We are pleased that you enjoyed our service and look forward to another opportunity to serve you.

Regards,

Reviewed February 11, 2014

located in the flats, its in the latest area of downtown Cleveland to be revived. The hotel reflects that. it has a very urban, industrial, wherehouse feel with great views of the city. we walked to some great restaurants and you could easily walk to the casino and clubs but we were there in biiter cold weather and chose to cab it. found a great family owned grocery nearby, Constantinos, with great stuff including a lot of freshly prepared foods.
The hotel itself was clean and we really enjoyed our room. it was comfortable and the downstairs bar had a fun crowd.
They gave us a free pass to use the gym attached to the hotel which we were also very impressed with

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 9, 2014

This hotel looks very modern and room was clean. Check in was easy, but the valet service is a joke. You pay 20$ For onsite parking, but right on the ticket it says that they are not responsible for anything that happens to your vehicle and that it isn't even parked onsite... When we called for my jeep in the morning they bright it to the front but never let it warm up( it has an auto-start) anyway we went to have a drink in the wxyz bar, just off the lobby, it looked nice and drinks prices were about par(about 12 for a flavored martini, and 7 for their seasonal draft beer) but the staff was pretty condescending when my friend asked for a sex on the beach, it's what she likes and what she orders at home. The male bartender told her that he wouldn't make that and that it wasn't that kind of bar... Uhh excuse me but it's a full bar, instead he made her a 12$ Drink and went on to say she would like that better. We had two drinks and left. What we did notice is that there were a lot of people who were not hotel guests at the bar, and that there were quite a few cleveland police officers walking around. Check out was good, and we got breakfast sandwiches, 2 waters and a coffee (22$)before we headed out. We were not overly impressed but it wasn't a bad experience, but it's not enough to make me want to come back. I will try another hotel next trip.

• Stayed: February 2014