Aloft Cleveland Downtown
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
All reviewswxyz bareast bank of the flatsfront desklight sleeperfun hotelwarehouse districtcuyahoga riverbars and restaurantsstreet levelvalet parkingwithin walking distancethe hotel is cleannight's sleepstaff was very friendly and helpfulrock and roll hallcavs gamequicken loans arena
Reviewed November 17, 2013

The hotel had its ups and downs, but the service was great. It had 4 onsite restaurants and bars, an amazing workout facility, and morning breakfast. The rooms were pretty spacious, and had o.k. amenities. Had a good price. Other hotels have more to them but this one was pretty nice. I would not fully recommend this place, but if you are looking for a cheap hotel for a night in Cleveland, then I would suggest it.

Room Tip: I would get a room looking out to the river because it has a better view. Get two double beds, its worth it.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
EricCybulski, General Manager at Aloft Cleveland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Thanks for providing us with your feedback from your recent trip to Cleveland. It's exciting being a part of a new facility where our guests have several options for their dining pleasure. The new fitness club is the latest addition to the Flats East family and is very impressive. We're glad you found great value at the Aloft and had the opportunity to experience the other businesses in the complex. We invite you to come back and visit us should your plans call for you to be back in the Cleveland area. Thanks again!

Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

A little hard to find, the hotel is down by the river, a bit away from the action. The hotel was ok, parking was expensive in valet. Check in and front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The lobby was entertaining with no-cost-pool-table and a nice little bar. The room did not impress me, this was the second time we stayed at an aloft and again we had trouble with the bathroom door. This time it would stay shut. The rest of the room is simple but functional however I would expect a bit more for the price.

Stayed: November 2013

Hello, and thank you for posting a review about your stay at the Aloft Cleveland Downtown! I'm happy to hear the service of the front desk team and the amenities such as the bar and pool table were enjoyed by your party. I do want to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced in the room with the bathroom door. Our maintenance team is reviewing the doors in all of our rooms to ensure they are in proper working order for our guests going forward. We hope you will come back and stay with us on your next trip through Cleveland. See you soon!

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Stayed at the new Aloft hotel in Cleveland recently. No complaints, per say. Rooms are cool with a very young, hip, modern style, but still comfortable and the staff was fine.
I am a bit surprised, however, that there was no Concierge or guest engagement presence?
Based in Chicago, I travel often for business. I have been traveling to CLE on the regular for the past two years or so and have seen an incredible amount of development happening.
After learning more about Aloft and their niche, which is to somewhat get you out of your room and experience your surroundings, I am surprised at no Navigator/Concierge person.
Front desk made a valiant effort, but the reality is that a part time check-in attendant who lives in the burbs just doesn't have their finger on the pulse of what is happening nearby.
It would be well worth it for them to look into it, especially at this particular complex, which I understand has a bunch more development planned, is only blocks from the square and Casino and connected to a historic and nightlife district!!
Would I stay again?? Probably.
But, would I chose another location that has a Concierge that will help me make the most of my limited time in the city?? Absolutely.
Aloft..Do you have any plans for something like a concierge???

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jessie G

Thank you for your comments about your experience at the Aloft Cleveland Downtown. We are glad to hear you found our team friendly and accommodating. In response to your inquiry about concierge service, we are working as part of a cooperative effort with the hotel and the local convention bureau to enhance the training of our team at the front desk as it pertains to being local experts about the city and what events are taking place. This will go a long way in our team being able to make recommendations so our guests can enjoy all that the city has to offer. We also have our Cool Concierge touch screens by the front desk that provides information about local attractions. While this is no substitute for speaking with one of our talent members, it is another option in the event our guests are looking for a reference to finding out what is happening locally. I hope this answers your questions and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed November 7, 2013

This was my first time staying at an Aloft and I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed staying at this hotel for business. The rooms are simple but very efficient and clean; the beds are firm and comfortable, they include complimentary bottles of water in the rooms, etc. The staff is very attentive and helpful and are very welcoming. In addition because the room service is offered through a local restaurant (Lago) it is high quality and prompt. My food was delivered to my room within 15 minutes. Ultimately, this is a great hotel for the efficient business traveler that wants less frills and more lifestyle accomodations.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank apparentwind
EricCybulski, General Manager at Aloft Cleveland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Hello, and thank you for posting a review about your stay at the Aloft Cleveland Downtown! We appreciate you letting us know how we're doing. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and found everything you needed to make your trip a good one. I will share your comments with our team and also with our restaurant partner, Lago. I'm glad that you enjoyed the quality and timeliness of their food. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you're in the Cleveland area.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I stayed at the Cleveland aloft hotel at the end of October on business. The bed was nice cozy and comfortable. I feel the Aloft hotel tries too hard to be modern. the rooms look liked they're out of a Ikea catalog. I liked the shower but I felt like the bathroom door was cheap and not practical. I tried to shave my face but there was no stopper for the sink (I used a washcloth to stop up the drain). my room overlooked a rooftop and a train tracks. I wanted to iron a pair of khaki pants that I had brought, however the iron face had melted plastic all over it. I was rushed to get to dinner with my company so I didn't bother calling the front desk and asking for a new one. would have been nice if it worked without having to go through all the hassle. The hallways did not seem to have any heat or air conditioning but the rooms did have a very nice thermostat and wall unit. The XYZ bar was dead so I went to Stuarts Draft and got ripped off. Overpriced, not overly friendly, decent location for downtown, but not that great. The funniest part of all of this is that I stayed at a Red Roof Inn on the way home and Middleburg Heights just outside of Cleveland... a very nice normal clean hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013

Thank you for your comments about your stay with us. I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your time at the Aloft. I have informed our maintenance and housekeeping teams to look into the issues you mentioned about the iron in your room, the temperature around the hotel, and the sink stopper. We appreciate your feedback as it allows us to correct those deficiencies and create a better experience for all of our guests. Thank you again and we hope you will give us another opportunity to be your host should your travel plans bring you back to Cleveland.