“Cool vibe”

Aloft Cleveland Downtown
Ranked #28 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

This is a very hip hotel.. Lobby fits the decor perfectly.. The rooms are small, and very contemporary..But don't expect cleaning service. We left our room around 9:00 am and didn't return until around 6:00 pm and the room wasn't ever cleaned.. The hotel is geared to the younger professional or traveler. We would stay here again if passing through Cleveland

• Stayed: July 2013
EricCybulski, General Manager at Aloft Cleveland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Aloft Cleveland Downtown. We are happy to see you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to having you as our guest again. I would like to apologize for the service of our housekeeping team. I will share your review with them so we may improve the level of service we provide to all of our guests. Again, thank you for your comments as they help us to fine tune all of our operations.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I get the "cool" vibe. Certainly the lobby fits the bill. Great bar, my kids loved the pool table.

The rooms, though, felt like upscale camp bunk. You walk in to see open closets. The bathroom was fine, but the door was a slider that you have to look for. The lighting was strange, you can't have just a little light as the bathroom light shares a switch with the hallway. Too much light if you want to leave something lit for the kids.

There was nothing bad about the place, just mostly odd. The W is hip, the Aloft is odd.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Hello, and thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Aloft Cleveland Downtown. We always appreciate any feedback that our guests give us. I am happy to hear you and your family enjoyed our recreation area. However, I am sorry to hear your were not satisfied with your guest room. Aloft is a lifestyle brand, much like W, but with a focus on its public space and ability to bring people together and create memories in our re:mix and Wxyz lounge areas. Seeing that we are a specialty select brand, we do not offer all of the full service options that W would. We do hope you will consider staying with us again should your travel plans bring you back to the Cleveland area. Please feel free to contact me personally if you would like to discuss your stay further at 216-400-6469. Thank you again for your comments.

Sincerely
Eric Cybulski
Aloft Cleveland Downtown

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Words that come to my mind> Minimal, IKEA, 2/3 Bed Room/ 1/3 Bath Room, Great Location/ Warehouse District, Lots of restaurants, Lots of activity, Cool Hotel/ Cool people, Trains, River. I'd stay at the Aloft the next time I'm in Cleveland.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review about the Aloft Cleveland Downtown. All of the descriptors you used on your review are similar to what we are hearing from the majority of our guests thus far. Our guests enjoy the location, the views, the atmosphere, the energy of our talented team, etc. We hope to see you again should your travel plans call for you to be in the Cleveland area. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

We live 2 blocks from this hotel, & wanted to check it out. So we celebrated our anniversary with a "stay cation" & had a great time. Clean, minimalist room with a cool shower. Super comfortable bed. Lots of windows with great views. Huge, sleek lobby with cool bar & lots of lounge seating areas. Friendly staff. Totally affordable! Highly recommend.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello, and thank you for your review about the new Aloft Cleveland Downtown. It's great to hear from one of our guests that reside in the Cleveland area. We're happy you stayed with us and had the opportunity to enjoy all of the services we offer. All of our talented team are excited to be a part of the Flats East community and look forward to being not only a travel destination, but also a local destination for fellow Clevelanders! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I travel quite a bit for business and this was my first time trying Aloft. I understand that it is newly opened here and while it's on the fringe of development int this part of town, I felt safe in the area. The rooms were sparsely decorated (I like that), super clean and had refrigerators (very good indeed). The shower was great!
The staff were very accommodating and helpful. I thought the open area food store was a great idea and the free coffee was an added bonus! The whole lobby has a tech-savvy sense with wifi and uber-cool seating areas.
My one complaint would be the volume of the music --- way too loud! I escaped to the outdoor patio for relief and to check out the exceptional view of this working town with trains and tugs and boats in the mix. The volume followed me outdoors too! It's a minor issue that can easily be addressed.
I'll be back.

Room Tip: The windows prevent a lot of noise-creep from the outdoors. A very hushed atmosphere in the hallway...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
EricCybulski, General Manager at Aloft Cleveland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2013

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us at the Aloft Cleveland Downtown. Thank you for your comments! We're glad you enjoyed the amenities of our guest rooms as well as the grab and go (Re;fuel) area. You are correct, the music volume is easily controlled and I will share your comments with our team. We hope to see you the next time in Cleveland.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I'm a Platinum Starwood guy, so I travel a lot and stay at many properties, including the Aloft's big brother, W Hotels. Overall, I prefer the Alofts.

They are smart, clean, modern and fairly-priced. This location is no exception.

Located on the river near Lake Erie and close to to downtown in the East Flats area, they are ahead of the curve of the redevelopment of this area. It's kind of industrial, with freighters and barges steaming by but it's cool at the same time. It's easy to drive to, parking is no problem and you can walk to a dozen bars and restuarants.

The rooms are all the same- sparse but functional with great bathrooms. A nice touch is the help yourself kitchen in the lobby.

If you're tired of the too hip and overpriced W or the dated and boring Westins or Sheratons, give the Aloft a try.

Room Tip: Get a room on the river side to watch the drawbridge and boats go by.
1  Thank dupedtourist

Thank you for your comments and thank you for your selection in choosing to stay with us. It's always great to hear from our platinum Starwood members! We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us, including the natural scenery of the barges coming through the river. A very unique sight! We hope to see you on your next trip to the Cleveland area.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Aloft has a youthful, upbeat and techie feel. The rooms were brand new, shining clean and although sparse (in an intention and modern decor sense) had everything that was needed for a comfortable and efficient stay. The price was very reasonable and restaurants are nearby. I highly recommend.

Room Tip: My room was overlooking the lake and railway - lots of building and industrial activity - very inter...
1  Thank Cynthia F

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your stay with us! We always enjoy hearing feedback from our guests about their experience. I will share your comments with our team and I am glad to hear you enjoyed our location and proximity to the local restaurants. We hope to see you again should your travel plans bring you back to Cleveland. All the best!