“They didn't design this right????”

JACK Thistledown Racino
Ranked #2 of 23 Fun & Games in Cleveland
More attraction details
Owner description: ThistleDown Racino brings together the fun of VLT gaming with the excitement of live thoroughbred racing. The new ThistleDown features over 1,150 VLT's, seasonal live racing as well as year-round simulcast racing, 6 great dining options for every taste, top notch entertainment in the Slush Bar and through it all, the power of the Total Rewards network. ThistleDown Racino is the premier entertainment destination on the East Side. Stop by today to find out why.
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I been going to thistledown for over 30 years, I am more of a horse player than a slot junkie, why they would put the slots on the first floor is just not smart, i feel cramped when i make a bet , no tellers, not enough machines and the racing is terrible, then there is the slots which payout about nothing seems like unless you better the highest coin option and going max bet you stand no chance of winning , walking through the garbage river , to get to the horses ridiculous , but when beulah park gets built and running i won't even waste my time with this dump, beulah is only 15 minutes from me, but for those who like slots, northfield park will probably put this track under thier horses pay out on average 200-1100 a race not like thistledown 30.00-60.00 trifectas , what a joke. and the rocksino is so much nicer , dont have CHISSLERS trying to bum cigarettes and money when i walk through the door. THISTLEDOWN please go out of business because as a long time patron , i'm fed up with your crappy atmosphere!!!

5  Thank Michael S
Write a ReviewReviews (2,705)
All reviews
in 80 reviews
"rewards"
in 43 reviews

Reviewed December 30, 2013

I had been visiting the Racino pretty much every weekend for a few months in the summer, The weekend of July 4th, we went to the Racino, we were sitting at some slots, my husband got to 0$ and stood up, I turned to ask where he was going, when I turned, the lady next to me swiped my cell phone. I didn't realize it was gone for about 10 minutes. Upon realizing that my phone was missing, we went immediately to security. The security guards couldn't have cared less. The Northfield Police officer that was on duty cared more, she kept trying to call my phone from her personal phone hoping someone had just picked it up and would answer and return it to me. She said that the security staff could watch the security cameras so that I at least knew what happened. The security guards finally (about 30 minutes later) had a manager of security come out and talk to me, he also didn't seem to care. He told me that they couldn't watch the footage and had no way to track where I was, I asked if they could find where my players card had been used and follow that, he said no but that they "have a high return rate on stolen/lost items" and that he would call me if it turned up. I sat down on the floor, defeated, crying. I wasn't upset about the value of the phone, just simply the fact that the pictures on the phone were irreplaceable. Pictures of a deceased dog, pictures of my elderly relatives doing activities they can no longer do, etc. I proceeded to leave and called Verizon to report it stolen. Upon arriving home, I had cried out every last tear and switched to anger, I called the Racino and spoke with someone in Security, they said they could OF COURSE track where my players card had been used and find me on the cameras according to the time of the players card. They watched the footage, called me back 20 minutes later and told me that the lady who had been sitting next to me at the "Candy Bars" slot machine had reached over and snatched my phone. The woman then got up, cashed out, and walked out the front door with it. She had not been using a players card and was old enough to not have her ID scanned at the door. She left and got into a car, they refused to give me her license plate number, first saying they "Couldn't see it because they don't have cameras on the entrance/exit", I said "So if I rob your casino...and I don't give you my ID...and I don't give you my players card...my getaway car will be clear, since you have no cameras out there to capture any info on it, right?" She then said, well, we do have it, but it was a "Violation of Privacy" to give me that info.. WHAT IS STEALING MY PHONE THEN?!! I THINK THATS A BIG VIOLATION OF MY PRIVACY. What I would like to know, is why could they look when I called on the phone but not when I was sitting in house on the floor crying my eyes out? I went and filed a police report at the suggestion of the security girl on the phone, she said if I did that, they would be able to give any info they couldn't give me to the police. I never, ever, heard back from the police department, big waste of my time filing that report. I will NEVER, EVER set foot inside that place again. While I realize it is not their fault my phone was stolen, the way they handled the situation was poor at best, if they can't even offer assistance when you need it, they don't need my money.

13  Thank MissKissy05
Reviewed December 29, 2013

it's something to do, but doesn't really feel like a casino.. needs tables or at least poker machines.. the food is alright.. the service at 'the Diner' was great.. sundays can be crowded at the racino..

1  Thank mish1120
Reviewed December 26, 2013

The Racino looks much better inside than outside; expecially considering the state of the surrounding buildings. I liked it and actually won money. It is not as fancy as Hollywood in Columbus or the Horseshoe in Cleveland but I did like it better than the Rocksino in Northfield.