“Not so good anymore!”

Number One Pho
Ranked #733 of 1,881 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed February 8, 2014

My wife and I visited Number One Pho on 2/5/14. We ordered the Shrimp and Pork Rice Rolls only to find there were missing the shrimp. When ordering a beer, they said they had 3 to offer. And of course the one we wanted they didn't have. We then ordered the beef pho soup with tripe. Like the rice rolls, it was missing the tripe.

Outside of the food problems, I asked the owner if I could park in front of the restaurant and he said no problem. 30 minutes later, I received a $50 parking ticket. It would have been nice to see the owner comp us for the meal for his error but it obviously was more important to make money. This turned out to be an expensive lunch with poor quality food.

We won't be returning.

Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

I was introduced to this charming lunch spot by my niece who attends Cleveland State University, since it's located just a few blocks off campus. I no longer live in Ohio, but when I'm in town thus is our traditional spot to meet, talk & enjoy some warm & tasty Pho. We never feel rushed , which I appreciate.
We usually start with egg rolls-she gets the fried & I enjoy the fresh. Then, being creatures of habit, we both usually order the traditional rare beef pho & it is consistently delicious. The service is kind of hit & miss - not an uncommon tendency in ethnic restaurants, but nothing that bad that I'd not return...quite the contrary we've been back time & time again & will be back in the future!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Having enjoyed pho at Superior Pho, but always seeing Number One Pho restaurant in the same location, my friends and I decided to do a comparison test. Our unanimous recommendation is to enjoy your pho at Superior Pho. The broth at Number One Pho was so salty, that we really couldn't enjoy it. The noodles were also overcooked. In comparison, the broth at Superior Pho is wonderfully seasoned, the noodles perfectly cooked and the meat portion generous. Even the service at Superior Pho is so much better with friendly and attentive staff. And the volume of bean sprouts Superior Pho gives for a large pho is at least twice the amount given at Number One Pho. So - if you're in the mood for some nice warm pho, I highly recommend Superior Pho!

1  Thank Lois2448
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Went here for lunch and the service is quick. I got the Beef Phô and was good. It comes with a side plate of bean sprouts, fresh basil and peppers. I love their bubble tea and they have many flavors

Reviewed April 19, 2013

To be honest I do not know what PHO is and after eating there I still am not sure I have a grasp on what exactly it consists of. I had a business lunch meeting here, and the place was a nice atmosphere. The staff was pleasant, and if you like PHO, I am told it is great. The people I was with raved about how good the PHO was, so I have to say it was good. Personally, a couple scoops of white rice and a sliced chicken breast in a bowel with some sauce is not my idea of cuisine but more of what you eat when you have an upset stomach. My coworkers I was with who claim to be PHO experts say this is the place to be. If you are a meat and potato's person, you might struggle here.