“You may have problems finding this restaurant because of remodeling.”

Stancato's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #61 of 1,862 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Stancato's Italian Restaurant is a bright, informal restaurant since 1971 offering straight forward Italian fare & a cocktail lounge with catering, banquet halls for parties and events and buffets with great atmosphere.
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I haven't been to Stancato's Restaurant in Parma, Ohio in many years...but thought my husband and I should check out the lunch buffet since we were going to be on that side of town.
Heads Up: You may have a problem finding the restaurant since they are remodeling and there were no noticeable signs to indicate the restaurant by name. There is only a sign that indicates the place is still open during remodeling. The outside of building looks like a light orange building with some cement that is slated for demolition....however, the entrance is on the side of the building and the inside looks OK to eat in. The ladies restroom was very clean, by the way.
As for the buffet....there was a nice salad bar in one room that also had 2 different soups (Wedding Soup) & a creamy Tomato Bisque....both were tasty. There was also cheese and cheese with pepperoni pizzas in the room (a little too greasy for me). There was a nice assortment of items to put on lettuce for the salads and a nice assortment of salad dressings that were contained in a manner so as not to dribble over each other as one sees in other salad bars. In another room was an assortment of warm foods (they could have been hotter). There was spaghetti and rigatoni....an assortment of sauces, some meat balls.(these were not warm enough as far as I am concerned). Meatballs should be very hot when brought out to the warming station so they don't cool off. There were chicken dishes, something that looked like Italian sausage rolled as in a "wrap", ravioli in a cream sauce, oysters (mullusks in smooth black shells), etc....There was quite a few items to choose from. As for the sauces, I liked the white "Alfredo" or whatever it was sauce the best. As I get older, I can't tolerate fatty or greasy foods like I used to...so I suggest if this is an issue, pick and choose your meal carefully. There are quite a few selections that have a high fat content....which I made a mistake choosing and didn't feel so great later....but that is just me....the food was good, but my eyes were not connected to my brain...and I now know what I would choose to eat should I go back if I am on that side of town. Would I go back? Yes....but it may be a while since this restaurant is a little out of the way.
As for the price....it was less than $8.00 per person for the lunch buffet...which is not a bad deal. Oh, by the way, there is garlic pieces of bread and rolls in the salad bar room....these were OK....not spectacular.

There are newer reviews for Stancato's Italian Restaurant

Reviewed December 9, 2011

We had Stancatos cater our daughters Baptism. We ordered the chicken, meatballs, rigatoni, california veggies and salad. We also orderd 2 sheet pizzas. It was phenomenal. Very generous portions with an extremely reasonable price. The meatballs were the best I've ever tasted. We had some foodies on our guest list and they raved about how great the food tasted. The chicken is very juicy and is seasoned perfectly. Our guest loved the food and we enjoyed the leftovers. It was also the best deal when I shopped around. We had it delivered and it was right on time with a pleasant delivery person. This is an amazing family run business that I highly recommend. The staff are easy to work with and very responsive to any request.

Reviewed July 12, 2010

Many Thanks to Lori Stancato for the beautiful Memorial Luncheon for my late Mother in Law. My wife’s family is 100% Italian so I was under the gun to produce a luncheon that my wife & in laws would be proud to be a part of. With 24hrs notice, Stancato’s put on a luncheon that was both delicious & elegant. The 2 servers provided were both nicely dressed & professional. Their prep & cleanup were great. Stancato’s supplied everything I did nothing.
Lori, Thanks for making me look good!
You helped to brighten up an otherwise very sad occasion.
The Roch & Discenzo Families

1  Thank ROCKETMAN1948
Reviewed October 11, 2009

I have eaten there before and used them for catering for my wedding. They did an excellent job. People raved about the food, and the portions were larger than we anticipated. Much better the the usual food you have at wedding halls. Servers were very professional. There prices are reasonable.