“Great service, great atmosphere!”
Review of Fire

Fire
Ranked #37 of 1,884 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Scenic view, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: North Moreland
Transit: Shaker Square
Description: Our concept at fire is a simple one: perfectly prepared food and drink at reasonable prices, in an exciting atmosphere. we create simple foods with innovative presentations using the best quality ingredients. we also provide friendly, efficient and professional service staff to make sure that all your needs are met. our menu is focused on classic american foods using the freshest ingredients. this means our menu changes seasonally. we offer a variety of meats and fish, prepared in our wood-fired ovens.
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

Wow. I went with my family to celebrate a special occasion & we all had a great time! The only thing better than the food was the service! As a former restaurant manager in New Orleans, Ive eaten at my share of high end eateries. This place is second to none! A big THANK YOU to Michael for making the night memorable :)

1  Thank charliebravo17

Reviewed December 3, 2013

I went with my boyfriend early on a Saturday evening. The menu was appealing,interesting, and had a local flare (we wish we had been with a big group so we could have tasted more of it!). The presentation was good. The service was professional. The ambiance is modern/urban/eclectic. The clientele seemed to span a large age and lifestyle range, and everyone seemed to be having a good time. The tables can be close and the noise level definitely increases when the restaurant fills up, so you may want to request a table on the perimeter or go early/late if you are looking for quiet, intimate dining experience. Personally I enjoyed being part of a lively, enthusiastic Saturday-night crowd in addition to the great meal.

2  Thank Nonnimom
Reviewed November 21, 2013

A friend had recommended this restaurant a while back. We found ourselves nearby and decided to try it. Perfect!

It was easy to make a reservation on a Wednesday night. But they did have a nice crowd by 7pm....so maybe make reservations in advance on the weekends.

We started with a drink at the bar. It was a fun bar! By the time we were to eat, we decided to eat right at the bar like many other people were. And, the bartender was very friendly. Great service!

We went with the recommendations from the bartender on the most popular food items. I had also checked out tripadvisor to see what other people had liked. We started with the mussels. They came with a heavier red sauce than I am used to, but I loved them! Something different. Great flavor.

For dinner, I chose the grouper. My husband had the pork chop. I had dinner envy when his arrived....it looked amazing! My grouper was very good. Flaky and moist. The rice that accompanied it was also good. I would not say that my meal was over the top, but overall good.

My husbands meal as it turns out was as good as it looked! He would barely share. The pork was braised perfectly and medium on the inside. Just how we like it. The shaved beet side was all world. Really a great meal.

The wine list was great. Some very nice wines that were not overpriced. I saw that some people thought this restaurant was expensive.....but we found it was very fairly priced.

I would love to visit this restaurant after shopping in the shops around the area! Many were closed by the time we got to dinner. But plan ahead and shop early and stay for dinner.

We will be back!

Reviewed November 14, 2013

My husband and I chose Fire Restaurant for a Saturday evening meal in November 2013. Although we dined late, there was still a good, eclectic crowd and the free valet parking meant we didn't have to worry about finding a parking spot, walking in the chilly rain, etc...The venue was modern and attractive. And this is where the good times stop....Service was very slow..it took over 35 minutes after ordering for us to get our first course. For dinner my husband ordered the ravioli, which they delivered first...mine followed a couple of minutes latter (it would have been nice to be served together). On his plate there were four..count them-1-2-3-4 ravioli!! When the waiter set his plate down I asked if this was the "full" order, as you could also order a half order as an appetizer. I asked the question as my husband was kindof in shock...:)The waiter said, "Yes" and promptly walked away.... My pork chop appeared and looked and smelled wonderful! I cut into it and found it relatively uncooked on the inside....My husband found the waiter, told him the problem and my dish was promptly taken away. And I waited...and waited....Another person brought my pork chop back-I think he was the manager. I don't know because he never introduced himself. He told me that I should have specified how "cooked" I wanted my chop; if I didn't want it "medium rare"!! Now, as long as I have been alive, I have been told that pork must always be cooked thoroughly. It doesn't matter what cut of meat or how big or small the portion...I have never been asked to specify how I want my chop cooked. Irritated by this, I decided to comment on the fact that my husband had received 4 ravioli....The manager (I think) went into a dialogue about how they were hand made, of the finest ingredients, etc...At that point all I could say was-"Four ravioli for a dinner, really?" and left it at that. They came back latter and took the cost of the ravioli off our bill...That is what a good restaurant should do...Somewhat reassured, I awaited the return of my chop. My pork chop was still undercooked in the center, but I just ate around it..The taste was very good. Always the optimist, we ordered a dessert to share. It arrived about 15 minutes latter (after some initial confusion). I think it would have been good if it had been cooked all the way! This dinning experience was just too much work..A lot of promise but they aren't able to deliver!

1  Thank travelerrs
Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

This was my first time to Fire. Everything was amazing from the food to the service. It is not cheap but it is well worth the price. I will definitely go back.

1  Thank JamesAWOL