“Our Favorite Cleveland Restaurant”
Review of Fire

Fire
Ranked #36 of 1,854 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Scenic view, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: North Moreland
Transit: Shaker Square
Description: Our concept at fire is a simple one: perfectly prepared food and drink at reasonable prices, in an exciting atmosphere. we create simple foods with innovative presentations using the best quality ingredients. we also provide friendly, efficient and professional service staff to make sure that all your needs are met. our menu is focused on classic american foods using the freshest ingredients. this means our menu changes seasonally. we offer a variety of meats and fish, prepared in our wood-fired ovens.
Shaker Heights, Ohio
“Our Favorite Cleveland Restaurant”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Chef Doug Katz has maintained the quality of this restaurant since the day it opened. Cleveland has become a great food town and Fire has contributed to that reputation. My wife's a carnivore and I'm a vegetarian and we always find something on the menu to delight and satisfy. Doug's new venue is Provenance, at the Cleveland Museum of Art, where we'll be eating on our anniversary in mid June.

• Visited March 2013

Cincinnati
“Good but not special”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

On a holiday weekend,this restaurant was quite busy but the staff was well trained and and our dinner with family went smoothly All dinners were good but not something that made you feel excited, The room was busy with well dressed older customers who must have been regulars as they table hopped to visit. Tables were close together and chairs were not comfortable - more like chairs to encourage tables to turn. It was just fine but I don't think I would bother to go back. Not the interesting.

• Visited May 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
“Great food and service”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Special occasion celebration. Love the eclectic menu. Always something for everyone, with the exception of kids. My only negative about Fire. Kitchen is willing to modify some dishes, but no kids menu, per se. Makes it tough to get through the meal. Desserts brought the kids back into the mix. Will certainly be back, but likely for an adult meal.

• Visited May 2013
Ohio
“One of our forever favorites”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

And we do not save this place for special occasions only! The food and service is always exceptional. My favorite is the duck, so crispy and the sauce is subtle and wonderful. The menu changes seasonally and most of the products are locally sourced. The pork chop is giant always cooked perfectly. Another favorite is the mushroom arugula salad. I've never had anything I didn't love.I rarely have room left for dessert but the tiny cookies they served were perfect.
When people visit us from out of town this is always a place we take them.
And don't miss their Sunday Brunch - yummy

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank cwithp
San Jose, California
“Mixed experience with food and service”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I have been to this restaurant on two different occassions. My first visit was excellent. Food and service was top-notch. This led to my second visit to the restaurant, which is quite disappointing.

a. Service
It was not sincere. The server had this fake smile, just went on reading the menu without actually having a conversation about the food.

b. Food
There was nothing special about the vegetarian pasta that I ordered. But I trust that this place has great meat and seafood options.
Don't get the Tawny's Favorite dessert option unless you are on a diet. You will be served a martini glass filled with berries and some chocolate decoration.

I will probably not visit this place again but worth a try for someone who has not dined here before.

• Visited April 2013