“Wonderful summertime Italian”

'Stino da Napoli
Ranked #197 of 1,835 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Columbus, OH
“Wonderful summertime Italian”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

We were visiting from out of town--by the way we stayed at a very nice bed and breakfast nearby that I'll review separately. (But it was full of charm and the couple who run it were very nice--seemed like maybe they moved recently from Appalachia or somewhere. It was very quaint.)

Anyway on to Stino...there were 5 of us and they accommodated our request to be seated outside. As I passed the bar they had a big pitcher of wine with peaches in it and I asked if I could sample which they agreed--several in our group ended up getting it to drink. Just a nice touch that they were willing to let me sample. Our server--Nathan I think??--did a great job. Very hands on and wanted our experience to be as good as possible. Everyone's' entrees looked good and folks seem to rave about them. My lasagna was really good and extremely light--perfect for a warm summer evening. The bread--for an independent place had a "registered trade mark" sign on the menu which seemed odd--but it was tasty nevertheless. Most of the desserts are made on site and we sampled several that were good. I had (a couple) of mojitos and they had just the right amount of lime/mint/simple syrup. I'd definitely repeat and would highly recommend. Total bill before tip for 5 of us (app, 8 drinks, 5 entrees and 3 desserts) came to around $250.

• Visited June 2014

Fairview Park, Ohio
“Great Food at a Great Price”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

My family and I have enjoyed the food at Stino's for many years. You'll not find better Italian fare at very reasonable pricing in a very friendly, intimate setting!

• Visited May 2014
“Very good italian but small portions for price”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

The food is high quality, authentic Italian food. The place only takes cash and checks which is a real bummer. Given the huge mark-ups on the wine and liquor you would think the owner would get with the program and take credit cards. Otherwise worth the trip.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank jcm464
Cleveland, Ohio
“Really Enjoyed It”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Walked in without a reservation on a Tuesday night but got lucky as things were a bit slow. Seated immediately and greeted by Nathan, who did a terrific job taking care of us all evening. Very casual (again, it was quiet, so there was no rush by either him or us) but also very attentive ... came up with good suggestions on wine for each of us and was always available but never obtrusive or pushy ...
Veal Marsala was outstanding, as was the Vesuvio sauce on the accompanying pasta ... Tiramasu should not be missed.
$100 plus tip for two of us, including two glasses of (pretty nice house) wine for each, dinner, coffee, and dessert.
Be careful --- CASH OR CHECKS ONLY --- NO CREDIT CARDS
First time, but certainly won't be the last ...

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank SuesHusband
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Simply Fantastic”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

We had and absolutely fantastic dinner here to celebrate my husband's birthday (December 2013). We made a reservation and they were nice enough to tell us in advance that they don't take credit cards.

The service was perfect, very friendly and attentive staff that all seemed to really enjoy their jobs. The bread that were served and the salads with the lemon and olive oil dressing that we had were both good. For dinner I had the Eggplant Parmigiana and my husband had the Pollo Alla Ferdinando II, both were absolutely delicious. The waiter was also quite helpful in selecting a bottle of wine which we enjoyed with dinner. We finished the meal off with a nice dessert (although I can't remember what it was called).

We don't live in Ohio, but if we are back in town, I would definitely eat here again!

• Visited December 2013