“Food was good, the wait was long especially when.........”

Shooters on the Water
Ranked #214 of 1,875 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Scenic view, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed September 30, 2013

you arrive in town after a Brown's game (and they won) so that you can have dinner before you go to a concert at Jacob's Pavillion which was exactly what we were doing. Even thought the game had been over, the city was still pretty active and getting through town was not easy. We had originally thought we would go somewhere else but with all the activity, we decided to eat closer to our venue. I had a Greek wrap and my husband had a fish sandwich. We waited way long for our food and to check out which raised my anxiety level as I did not want to be late for our concert. The restaurant was very busy because of the game and the concert so we had to eat at one of the bars. A bright point was that we tried a new beer, raspberry Shock Top and really liked it. The view is ok. You are on the water but the surroundings are "early industrial." Just another example of how I wish cities with potential views and surroundings would capitalize on what is there. I would go again and hope for better circumstances but I usually don't find myself there unless I am going to a concert so.................

Reviewed August 24, 2013

We had a wonderful evening with friends, sitting on the water, watching the boats go by and the sun setting. The food, price and service were fine. It was great to get out of the suburbs and enjoy the big city.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

We went for Mother's day for brunch - they had offered a "flower and special gift" for mothers. The brunch food was standard but good - the blueberry pancakes were especially nice, as was the fresh fruit and dessert table, and other than the fish everything else was fine (the fish was rubbery and not very tasty). The bussers were very hard working and prompt in clearing the used dishes from the tables.

But there was no "flower or special gift" and even when we asked the hostess about it as we were leaving, her response was to say she needed to check with our server, so she went away and came back stating that the flower truck had not showed up that morning and so there was nothing. (Like she didn't know that without checking with our server???) Since they advertise having a gift shop in the restaurant it seemed strange that they didn't have a pen, or SOMETHING, or at least an APOLOGY to offer for not having either the flower or the free gift. A simple "sorry about the lack of a flower/gift" before we asked would have been nice!

If you're going to offer something special you need to follow-through. Especially for a fairly expensive meal. ($30 a person, which did not include soft drinks, only coffee or tea). Even if they gave a voucher for 10% off the next time - they would make the guest feel like they got something and it would bring the customer back - a win-win situation!

1  Thank Marji36
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Went there for lunch this week, beautiful day so we ate outside. Food was ok, no problems, just not great. The atmosphere is great, located right on the water, great views. Only problem, is smelled like dead fish, lots of dead fish on sidewalks from birds. Hopefully, they clean this up as the season gets going.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

This is a large restaurant with several bars located in it. I walked up to a bar and asked the person behind the bar for a drink and she said "you can start by going to a bar that is open" I just walked out. I will never return.

1  Thank jadunnigandc