“Funky food in fashionable Cleveland” 5 of 5 stars

Flying Fig
Ranked #40 of 1,814 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Brunch, Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: One Block North of West 25th and Lorain
Transit: Steps from the West 25th Street RTA station.
Clinton Twp., Mi.
“Funky food in fashionable Cleveland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

If you go to the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame, check this place out. Unique menu. Very delicious. Knowledgable waitstaff. Don't be fooled by the small, outward appearance. Much bigger inside. Drinks are generous. Ambience is warm. Open on a Sunday night...most KEWL .

• Visited November 2013

New York City, New York
“Excellent food in Ohio City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We recently took my parents to Flying Fig on Market Ave. We were looking for great food in a casual environment and could not have been happier with our experience. My father has been talking about the calamari appetizer (a menu special) ever since our visit ("best he's ever had"). The bacon-wrapped dates were delicious - too bad there were only three of them! Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their main dishes - all inventive and delicious! We will definitely go back!

1 Thank Grant G
Saratoga, California
“What No Bread”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I really like this restaurant. It is consistently serves good to excellent food. Our last trip was with a Groupon for four people. We had hoped to walk over to the Westside Market after lunch but we ran out of time. I expect we will make it to the Market next time.

I had the burger (always good), two had the salmon and loved it. My partner had the steak entrée. This was not the hanger stake of a past visit and we loved the current offering.

Dessert was a caramel moose? with caramel sauce. Whatever it was it was excellent!

My only disappointment was that bread was no longer served gratis and that they had changed bakers. As I did not order it I do not know the quality. The prior supplier provided the best French bread I have had in Cleveland. I will miss it.

All that said, I will return to the Fig. I do like it!

• 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank nwhiting
Lakewood, Ohio
“Awesome brunch.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

This was my 4th time here but first time posting about my expierence.

I always want to go for lunch or dinner but I always end up at brunch and couldn't be more then happy.

To start off, I bought the travelzoo.com deal for $35. With that you get a fruit plate to share(grapes, melon, pineapple, apple), two brunch meals of your choice, and 2 alcoholic drinks each. The drinks are priced at $7.50 each so that is $28 right there and worth the price of the coupon.

I had the french toast and it was holy hell damn good. just full of flavors, awesome syrup which I really didnt even need, and strawberry. My g/f got the biscuits and gravy which she lived and I have had before and would agree....very good. Everything I have ever had at brunch JUST TASTES FRESH!

Always look forward to returning. Service also always great.

1 Thank mdm4sfest
Canton, Ohio
“So rude!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

Made a reservation for 8 people to dine before a show at Playhouse Square. It was happy hour and we decided to sit in the bar and have a drink before we ate dinner. We asked the bartender if we could sit in a booth and we took the chips off the bar after asking if we could. The hostess stormed over and grabbed the chips stating that they had "rules" about the chips remaining on the bar and that we could buy some very nice appetizers off of the menu. Drinks were expensive and the whole vibe was unwelcoming. We left without ordering anything, so I can't comment on the food. It's a shame we didn't get to try it! On the other hand, Great Lakes Brewery just across the street was very accommodating and got our business that night.

Visited October 2013