WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Flying Fig

Flying Fig
Ranked #34 of 1,822 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: One Block North of West 25th and Lorain
Transit: Steps from the West 25th Street RTA station.
Brit in NC
“Enjoyed it. Great wait staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

Fresh food. Snagged a table for two on a Friday night as a walk-in. They had a pork-belly, fried green tomato starter special that my wife loved. I had mussels and they were so-so. Main course was an excellent steak for me and my wife had a salad both of which were great. Fantastic wait-staff.

1 Thank limeyferg

Cleveland, Ohio
“Should have been better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

This is the first time I've eaten at The Flying Fig in many years; I have been hearing very good things about it. I was quite disappointed. The ambience is fine and quite casual, alhough it was very loud. The menu was interesting with many small plate choices. I did have the beet salad which was delicious. The main courses were particularly disappointing. I had the special which was the pork belly. It should have been outstnading, the flavors were there, but the egg was over and the pork belly had lost it's crispyiness. One of the other members of our group had another special which was grilled shrimp; it had been described to us as large shrimp, which they were not. Also, it was quite overdone as well. As a side note, everything was charged for seperately; the blue cheese olives in our martinis, having the martini "up" also had an extra charge, bread was also an added charge. one of our party ordered a "signature" cocktail which she didn't like and sent back; we were charged for that as well. With all of our choices in this city, I probably will not go back.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Rebecca K
Cleveland, Ohio
“A lot of unique entrees”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

This was close to a 5 rating, but my meal, or my wife's didn't quite WOW me the way a 5 should. The appetizers were a solid 5 though for the flat bread and calamari and shrimp. The staff was very courteous and mindful to our needs. Nice atmosphere, particularly outside. Will definitely go back again.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Melts in Your Mouth”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

The best pancakes I have had in years. The pancakes, have the most lovely peaches inside. The Migas are also out of this world. A must go.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank DCMomInChief
Toledo, Ohio
“Farm to Table Greatness!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Friendly service staff.Probably the best brunch I've ever had. My fiance had the Migas and I had the best biscuits and gravy ever! Cheddar and chive biscuits and sage sausage, a truly wonderful way to spend a Sunday. We'll be going back every chance we have. The only downside- a little worn around the edges and could use an update on the tables/booths.

• Visited July 2013