“Innovative menu but stay away from the Entrees”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Flying Fig

Flying Fig
Ranked #31 of 1,836 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Drinks, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: One Block North of West 25th and Lorain
Transit: Steps from the West 25th Street RTA station.
Cleveland, Ohio
“Innovative menu but stay away from the Entrees”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

Somehow this is the second high class restaurant in Cleveland that we hit where the appetizers are a-m-a-z-i-n-g but the entrees are disappointing, including the side dishes.
The restaurant is conveniently located by the west-side-market, which is an attraction by its own.
The atmosphere is great.
The service was OK.
And no real options for vegetarians.

“AMAZING!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

We dined at Flying Fig last night for the first time. We had amazing food......the gnocchi was the best I have ever eaten.......great wines by the glass, a perfectly mixed cocktail and the service was outstanding from the hostess to our very helpful server, Gina. We will be back. We are privileged to have this little gem in our city!

Webster, New York
“Fig Heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

The Flying Fig Menu although not extensive, offers unique starters, salads and entrees. Definitely something for everyone. Our waiter, David, was friendly and knowledgeable of the menu and specials. For a taste of Fig Heaven try the fig ice cream. fig through and through.

Akron, Ohio
“good but not the great place everyone says it is”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

Ohio City is bursting with restaurants and Flying Fig is always mentioned as a favorite. I gotta tell you---I didn't think it was that great. Certainly acceptable, but nothing unusual or outstanding.

Let me start by saying I visited last year, and this was just a review I never got around to writing.

I had pork chops that were just OK and cheesy grits that were very well done. I don't remember what my friend had but he raved and raved about it. I tasted it and was so unimpressed that I can't remember what it was.

I just quite frankly don't see what the big deal is, and I looked over the menu well and observed what others were eating. There are better restaurants to be had in Ohio City.

I believe they have a brunch but I have not tried it. I like brunch so if they do have brunch, I will try that in the near future and review again (and in more detail).

• Visited June 2012
Westlake, Ohio, United States
“Not worth your first choice.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

All and all I found this restaurant to be disappointing. The food choices were all extremely limited, and all specific, odd items to choose from. The atmosphere is very nice, yet the area itself is so awesome, every restaurant around has its own cool atmosphere as well. With so many great choices, this definitely should not be your number one choice. I suggest looking around, there are some other, much better places seconds away.

• Visited January 2013