“Yummmmmmmm”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Flying Fig

Flying Fig
Ranked #34 of 1,835 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: One Block North of West 25th and Lorain
Transit: Steps from the West 25th Street RTA station.
Cleveland, Ohio
“Yummmmmmmm”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

Loved my first trip to the "Fig." We went for lunch this past week. I loved my chicken meatball on a light bed of mashed potatoes and a good amount of broccoli rabe. The flavors blended very well. I would have that again any time. My dinning partner had the steak with rabe and smashed potatoes. While his was good, I preferred mine. But then I am not much of a beef person.

Go early as parking may be difficult during the day. It is near the west-side market and the Ohio City rapid transit stop.

• Visited April 2013

“Beautiful atmosphere”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful atmosphere. My family and I ate here on a Sunday at brunch time. We felt that the choices were very limited. Our waiter was not very knowledgeable. And they were not willing to make changes for vegetarians.

• Visited March 2013
Medina
“Fabulous food- great Saturday brunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

Fabulous lunch. The sausage gravy and biscuits were great- eggs were fantastic. Sandwiches were also delicious. There apple butter is the best!!!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank LaurenB2010
Cleveland, Ohio
“Eclectic and Excellent ! Don't miss this little gem.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

Was there a few weeks ago with another couple. Had a terrific cheese plate appetizer, best hamburger of my life, and a delicious special seasonal ale. Everyone loved their meal. Great atmosphere and location. We are out a lot, and we will be back to "the Fig".

• Visited March 2013
Waterloo, Canada
“Wonderful dining experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

We went to the Flying Fig upon our B&B owner's recommendation and definitely were not disappointed. We were lucky enough to be in town during Cleveland's Restaurant Week, so my husband ordered from the prix fixe menu (bruschetta, hanger steak, apple crisp) while I ordered the stuffed winter squash.

As a vegetarian, it's hard to find a unique and satisfying dish at restaurants, especially when options are quite limited, but the stuffed winter squash was one of the best vegetarian meals I have had at a restaurant in a very long time. It was cooked to perfection, filling, and satisfying.

Our server, Dave, was welcoming, friendly, and willing to answer all the questions we had about the menu. The ambiance was nice, although the restaurant could be a bit loud at times, but that didn't take away from our dining experience.

I would highly recommend trying out the Flying Fig when you're in town.

Visited March 2013