“Seems to be slipping”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

I love this restaurant! That's why I was so disappointed with our last visit. We barely had our salads before our entrees were rushed to the table. My husband's chicken parmesan looked and tasted like it was all made ahead of time and thrown together right before serving. The chicken was dry and chewy, like it had been reheated or in a warming tray and the cheese was barely melted on top. I had the gnocchi with vodka sauce (which was still outstanding and a VERY generous portion!), but I wasn't even halfway through my plate, fork in hand, when a busser asked if she could box my meal for me. It seemed like they were really trying to push us out the door. I don't know if they were over booked for a busy Saturday night or if this is how they're running the place now. Like I said, I love this place and I'll definitely be back, but I was just really down by this experience and I hope this isn't an indicator of where this restaurant is going.

1  Thank snowflake_chaser

Reviewed February 23, 2013

We visited Trattoria on a 2 day trip to Cleveland. We reviewed some takeout menus from a number of restaurants in Little Italy, then chose this one. We ate here on a Monday night so there was no problem with crowds.

The four of us had the following items: antipasto salad; eggplant parmigiana (amazing); a light gnocchi & meatball pasta dish; a tomato, cheese and basil pizza; and a portabello mushroom salad (full of cranberries and walnuts). Each of us thoroughly enjoyed our food, and got a taste of all the dishes. The portions were large; unfortunately, we didn't have a fridge in our hotel so we had to leave our leftovers behind. We also enjoyed a bottle of amarone at a very reasonable price. We would return on another visit to the area!

1  Thank ontothenext
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Went to Trattoria in a section of Cleveland known as Little Italy. It was a Sunday afternoon and very crowded, but we were seated in a few minutes. The tables are extremely close together and causes diners to bump into each other at other tables. The waitresses had a difficult time serving because there was little room.
We, as well as another couple, had entertainment coupons. The waitress said she would honor both, but it had to be on one check. It made it confusing and I'm not sure why this is done because we split the bill and gave the waitress 2 different credit cards.
Many Italian dishes to choose from with prices ranging from $10 to $20. Dinners do not include salad, most Italian restaurants include salad with the dinner, so we added a $4 side salad. Iceburg lettuce, cheese and 2 cherry tomatoes. Not sure I would pay that again.
The four dinners we chose lasagna, cavatteli, spaghetti and linguine with peppers and mushrooms. Dinners were good, not great. Large portions. Not sure I would go back...definitely not without a coupon. Other great restaurants in the area to choose from.

1  Thank Ilovebay
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Amazingly delicious, fresh sauce! This is the place to go for melt-in-your-mouth homemade Gnocci! It's usually what order every time because it is sooo hard to pass up. I wasn't that impressed by the vegetable lasagna- it was like twenty sheets of lasagna with little to no cheese, though the noodles were fresh & tasty. I have eaten here for years & will continue to recommend it to anyone headed to Murray Hill.

2  Thank BtrflyBlueStar
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stopped at this restaurant on a one day trip to Cleveland from Michigan. We ate there for lunch and the menu and portions were a good size for lunch. Meat ravioli and eggplant parm. are out of this world crazy good! Love the sauce and bought some to take home. With so many restaurants to choose from in Little Italy, this was a winner.

3  Thank Kathy3116