“Best Corned Beef in America ”
Review of Slyman's Deli

Slyman's Deli
Ranked #2 of 1,854 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Columbus
“Best Corned Beef in America ”
Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

Freddie Slyman & family have a gift. I dare you to put there corned beef up against any across the country. Chances are Slyman's will become your favorite. This is a must if you ever visit Cleveland. Freddy will personally greet you when you walk in the door as he is slicing meat. If you don't bring an appetite be sure to split a sandwich with someone because they are tall and thick. The thinly sliced corned beef just melts in your mouth. If it is your first time, then I promise you, that you will remember and crave slymans corned beef for the rest of your life.

1 Thank Fritz416

“Melt in your mouth...if you can get your mouth around it!”
Reviewed August 15, 2014

Classic local establishment with real community feel. Coffee and breakfast was excellent. Service was lovely. Corned beef was unbelievable!!! Reuben was huge! After finally figuring out how to bite into it, it melted in our mouths. Memorable.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank Roaming-Gluttons
New York City, New York
“Dare I say...might give Carnegie Deli a run for their money!?!?”
Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

Again, thanks to my fellow TA reviewers I just had to make it my business to stop at Slyman's, and yup I wasn't disappointed at all. I had for lunch what could only be described as THE best corned beef sandwich I've possibly ever had in my life (sorry NY). The beef went on for what felt like days and I wish I had someone to share it with (or could find a stray dog to help me with the remainder) because knowing that the remaining pieces of this delicate and most delicious beef were just going to go in the garbage because I just couldn't find any more room in my stomach was heartbreaking. Seriously, if I could get to Cleveland on a whim, I'm going to make it my duty to have a sandwich and maybe bring a few back home. It's just that good!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank USTraveler2015
Cleveland, Ohio
“Good but not the best in Cleveland”
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

Good corned beef but I can't say that it's the best. Great experience still. The only thing that I dislike is that they close so early.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Delicious”
Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went here on the recommendation of our niece. It was delicious. We have had corned beef sandwiches from the Onion Roll in Chicago . This one is right up there expect for the pickle. Onion rolls is better.

1 Thank Irish56_11