“Still Fun to Eat Here”

Cuisines: American, German, Eastern European, Central European
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

It's been years since my last visit to this ethnic Slovenian restaurant and it was still the same. They offer what I call German selections, dumplings, stuffed cabbage, pirogies, schnitzels as well as a more American menu. This is served cafeteria style, and the servings are huge, you sit at long picnic tables and the atmosphere is friendly, both from patrons and wait staff. If you like German food, you'll like this place.

Reviewed August 27, 2018

All the food is "home" cooked. Served cafeteria style you walk down the line and make your selections. Food tastes like when I used to eat at gramdmas house - yes that good!!

Reviewed August 27, 2018

Lived here forever but never had visited and now so glad we bit the bullet! Went on a Saturday night for dinner. The line at 5:00 was tremendous and wrapped to the door, but it moved nicely. Parking was a bit difficult. Maybe you need to get here when they open at 4:00? They have a little bar, but the food is served cafeteria style (soft drinks, coffee, tea, served in the line). Menus are posted of their regular meals and the specials for the evening. We got the schnitzel which was HUGE! The pierogies were fantastic, but the dumplings were out of this world! It includes a salad bar (not many choices but decent). Many desserts to choose from that looked good, but glad we passed as our meals were huge. We had fantastic service and they helped us to a table and even helped carry our trays. Everyone was friendly and very attentive. The piano music was also wonderful and added to the historical atmosphere. We will be back for sure!

Reviewed August 23, 2018 via mobile

I cannot make a trip to Sokolowski’s when I come home to Cleveland. Outdid myself this time by eating the giant piece of German Chocolate Cake in addition to pierogis, stuffed cabbage, sauerkraut, beer..I think that was it before I rolled out.
And the pianist?!!! Divine old school tuneswith a light touch on the keys

Reviewed August 18, 2018 via mobile

Quintessential place for Polish/East European fare in Cleveland. Place has been around for nearly a century and with good reason. Excellent grub and great atmosphere. Pirogis are a must. Stuffed cabbage is also terrific.