“Big portions and home cooking”

Sokolowski's University Inn
Ranked #12 of 1,875 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: American, German, Eastern European, Central European
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed October 21, 2013

One of our favorite restaurants in Cleveland. If you can go for lunch it is a little cheaper. Our favorite dish is the stuffed cabbage. It reminds me of my grandmother's and the portions are huge. The pierogis and Mac and cheese are good also. Go hungry!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

unique to CLE ... very Cleveland, this is a buffet style, lots and lots of food, fun and different if you have people from out of town. most of the food is very very good, will sell out if you dont get there early enough and the menu can be different every day ,, watch the hours for lunch and dinner , much easier to find now that the roadwork is done

1  Thank Moniflysua
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We were in Cleveland for the day and were looking for a quick lunch. I saw this restaurant on Yelp, which was close to the Christmas Story house that we wanted to see, so we decided to eat here. We were very pleased with their food and service. The food is already prepared, so you just pick what you want and they bring it to the table for you. Even though the food is already cooked and in a warming tray, I had their pork cutlet special, which they call street chicken and it was delicious (not dry at all). Their red cabbage and pierogis were the best I ever had at a restaurant and the portions are humongous for the price. U can't go wrong here and I would most definitely go back if ever in Cleveland.

1  Thank Nikkichikk
Reviewed September 28, 2013

If you want to experience some of the best dishes of eastern Europe, you must try some of their delicious food. You pick your food in a cafeteria type setting but there is a bus boy to help take your tray to your table of choice. They make the best stuffed cabbage, homemade mashed potatoes, sour red cabbage, pierogies, and more. There is a room where a talented gentleman plays lovely tunes on the piano. Wonderful experience that I recommend!

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Since we were in Cleveland to go to the R and R Hall of Fame we had to eat here based on the facts that my husband is of Polish descent and Michael Symon said that the pierogies are the best thing he ever ate.
We ordered the stuffed cabbage and the pierogies. The stuffed cabbage tasted just like the ones my Mother-in-Law made. The potato-cheese filling in the pierogies was the best I have ever tasted. The problem is that some of the pierogies had too little filling and one of mine had none.
If all of the pierogies had the amount of filling that my first one had, I would have given five stars.
Alas, they did not. No Filling=No Five Stars