“Great food!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sokolowski's University Inn

Sokolowski's University Inn
Ranked #13 of 1,832 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: American, Polish, European, Eastern European, Central European
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Queens, New York
“Great food!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

We were in Cleveland for the day and were looking for a quick lunch. I saw this restaurant on Yelp, which was close to the Christmas Story house that we wanted to see, so we decided to eat here. We were very pleased with their food and service. The food is already prepared, so you just pick what you want and they bring it to the table for you. Even though the food is already cooked and in a warming tray, I had their pork cutlet special, which they call street chicken and it was delicious (not dry at all). Their red cabbage and pierogis were the best I ever had at a restaurant and the portions are humongous for the price. U can't go wrong here and I would most definitely go back if ever in Cleveland.

1 Thank Nikkichikk

Medina,Ohio USA
“A Taste of Eastern Europe in Cleveland!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

If you want to experience some of the best dishes of eastern Europe, you must try some of their delicious food. You pick your food in a cafeteria type setting but there is a bus boy to help take your tray to your table of choice. They make the best stuffed cabbage, homemade mashed potatoes, sour red cabbage, pierogies, and more. There is a room where a talented gentleman plays lovely tunes on the piano. Wonderful experience that I recommend!

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Almost a Five”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

Since we were in Cleveland to go to the R and R Hall of Fame we had to eat here based on the facts that my husband is of Polish descent and Michael Symon said that the pierogies are the best thing he ever ate.
We ordered the stuffed cabbage and the pierogies. The stuffed cabbage tasted just like the ones my Mother-in-Law made. The potato-cheese filling in the pierogies was the best I have ever tasted. The problem is that some of the pierogies had too little filling and one of mine had none.
If all of the pierogies had the amount of filling that my first one had, I would have given five stars.
Alas, they did not. No Filling=No Five Stars

1 Thank Fran J
Cleveland, Ohio
“Authentic old world cooking”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

If my grandmother had a restaurant, this would be it. Wonderful stuffed cabbage! Not recommended for calorie counters. Just have to enjoy yourself for 1 night and diet tomorrow.

• Visited June 2013
Northfield
“ONLY order ethnic food when at Sokolowski's!!!!!!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

Four of us went to this ethnic (Polish) restaurant after a friend highly recommended it. After researching it, I knew that I didn't want anything too heavy so I opted for either a salad bar main entree or "Cheeseburger and fries" (no cheese, please), while everyone else had a full-course meal. The cafeteria-style service line was okay. I'm sure many people like the serve-yourself locations because there's no tipping involved, but my experience went from bad to worse. I ordered the hamberger/fries and had to go ask about it after most of my friends had nearly finished their dinner. The so-called "special order" took forever to make and was not done to my liking, nor did either item taste good. I asked for ketchup and mustard and the gentleman who brought out my entree never returned with my request. The meatloaf and stuffed cabbage entrees looked pretty good. The pierogi's were floating in a buttery looking substance, which was way-to-greasy for my friend's taste, let alone his arteries. I know that many people love this type of restaurant, but it's just not for me. I can only say that "When in Rome, eat like the Romans do!"...and DO NOT order anything that does not follow the ethnic food traditions. That was my first and last time there!

• Visited August 2013