“Comfort Food at its best!”

Sokolowski's University Inn
Ranked #12 of 1,875 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: American, German, Eastern European, Central European
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed December 19, 2012

We went to Sokolowski's after the Santa run in Tremont on 12/15 and did not have reservations. There was 14 in our group and they were able to seat us. I have been there in the past and everytime I visit I am not disappointed. Everything they cook is delicious and the atmosphere is very fun.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

First time tonight for this Cleveland landmark. The food was very good. Two of us had the pork chops – two tender, tasty, and very large pork chops. The cabbage and noodles were also great. My wife had the chicken paprikash and loved it. The fourth person had prime rib - a large piece of perfectly cooked prime rib. The pierogies are melt in your mouth good, though next time we will need to get a plate to share - one was not enough! All in all, a great experience.
Some helpful hints if this Saturday is like other Saturdays - don't come early. We left the Cleveland Museum of Art at 5pm when they close and came here thinking we would beat the dinner crowd, you know the 7 to 8 pm Saturday evening dinner crowd. But the people that come here, they come early. The place was packed – the line going from back door all the way through to the cafeteria area. It started clearing out by 7 to 7:30 so next time, and there will be a next time, we will wait until after 7 pm. Parking can be difficult, but don't give up keep looking. The wait in line though long was worth it. We will be back, and once again I will have to decide do I want the prime rib, or maybe the cabbage rolls, or the paprikash, or the meatloaf …
A recommendation to the restaurant: heat your dinner plates the food cools off very quickly.
Then I can come back with 5 stars.

2  Thank JR1_Oh
Reviewed December 2, 2012

the food is very good you go through the line choose what you would like in your meal.,of the many, many different varieties of ethnic food. The desserts are wonderful I love the coconut cake...

Reviewed December 1, 2012

The food is all very well prepared and there is enough variety to more than satisfy any fan of German and/or Eastern Europe cousine. They even have Polish beer on tap! Not a flashy place, but the right ambience to enjoy a delicious meal of hearty food.

1  Thank RS457
Reviewed November 29, 2012

The pierogis were in a disgusting soup of margarine. I had been dreaming of great pierogis (having moved back to the midwest from the south). I would never go there again and can't believe this place has been on Food Network several times.

1  Thank Cybele M