“Amazing Cheeseburgers”

Swensons Seven Hills Drive-In Restaurants
Ranked #365 of 1,881 Restaurants in Cleveland
Description: Home of the award-winning Galley Boy! Friendly curb runners serving up fresh, never-frozen burgers, shakes, & crispy extras since 1934!
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Get the Galley Boy.
Excellent Fast Casual cheeseburger.
Skip the french fries and order the potato teeters.
Wash it down with a custom milkshake or grape californian.
The veggie burger (Salad boy) is also one of my favorites.
Highly recommend any of the Swenson's locations.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

They don't make like this anymore! Drive -in with classic menu, burgers, fries and shakes. A little pricey but worth it. Call ahead if you want your order faster

Reviewed December 24, 2012

while at ksu we often went to the stow-kent swensons and now, happily, we live down the street from this location. hubby always gets the salad boy (veggie burger) and i go for a simple grilled cheese and fries. the food may be simple but it tastes great. the servers flat-out run to take orders. people watching can be entertaining. i think because they are in cars, people think their conversations are more private than they actually are.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

My wife and I have traveled all over the country and had burgers in all of those places. We live near an In-n-Out Burger. We always find the best burger places in whatever place we are headed to. But the one place that has not failed us in 20 years is Swenson's. We return to Ohio at least every two years and regardless of weather we stay in Steubenville, Columbus, or Cleveland we make the trip to Akron to have a Double Cheeseburg, Onion Rings and Peanut Butter shake for me and a Galley Boy and Fries for my wife. There are not many restaurants that I will say are worth a 2,500 mile trip, but to us Swenson's is worth every bit of that and then some.

1  Thank bqaz2006
Reviewed June 1, 2010

They are a bit different, I believe the bun has the sweetness in it, but these really are my favorite burgers. The zucchini sticks are also good, and how much fun to be able to order a an old fashioned chocolate phosphate. My husband loves their Galley Boy burger. The waiters are quick to take your order, but you will need to wait for it after you place it, it's not a 'drive through.' Well worth the wait.