“First Time Visit Can't Wait For The Nexttt”
Review of Stonetown

Stonetown
Ranked #153 of 1,866 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: STONETOWN is the newest concept from "Soul Republic United Restaurant Group". The same visionary team that brought you Zanzibar Soul Fusion, Jezebels Bayou, and re-created the Angie's Soul Cafe brand. We have created a special Southern influenced menu that we are sure will please the palate.The atmosphere is casual and relaxed. Come and dine, sit at the large bar and watch the game, or just get warm in front of the fire place on your laptop while enjoying our play list. I am sure you will find the experience pleasing to you.
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

We went to a show at the Quicken Loans Arena here in Cleveland,Ohio and wanted to try something different . My daughter suggested Stonetown. This is a creole, soul food type of place. It had some great food and positive vibes . I had the red velvet waffles and fried chicken and fried catfish with grits as an appetizer. The food was seasoned and flavored just perfect and our drinks were served in huge mason jars The staff was knowledgeable, polite, and they were friendly at all times. What impressed me even more was the smiles, positive attitudes and fast efficient service . They have a working fireplace and lounge chairs , bar, clean bathrooms and it's located on Prospect very close to Tower City where the Horseshoe Casino is located . They have breakfast on the weekend and we will definitely be going there to try their stuffed French toast .

1  Thank jamaicalover

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Showed up here Saturday afternoon at 1:30, where we were told brunch was still being served and would have to wait until 2:00 for the lunch menu. Strange, but we decided to wait. The wait staff was a little slow and was not able to descibe items on the menu other than "it's good". Requesting no cheese in the wraps was declined without asking the kitchen.
The fried chicken was very tasty, though the breast was quite dry. The collard greens also good, but dry. Grits were average and nothing to rave about. There were 3 tables occupied in the restaurant, but little was done to help our sole waiter until a bus boy arrived and was quite polite and helpful. I wish I could have tipped him more than the waiter. Usually in places like this, there is music to stop the silence, but there was one tv on, behind the bar with sports on.
I'm a little less tolerant with "soul food" restaurants as they base their menu on simple and fresh, so when these dishes are not like home cooking, it turns my crank.

1  Thank Marco-Friuli
Reviewed November 2, 2013

My partner and I stopped in on a whim and were excited to find what could be a new favorite. This is a very attractive place, a modern, but warm and inviting dining room. More importantly, the food is southern and soulful, inexpensive and very good. I'm not skilled at describing food, but I am good at eating it. I plan on coming back!

1  Thank dwfcleveland
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I love the food at this place and the staff is always welcoming, experienced and friendly. It is somewhat of a hidden gem with a menu that is not typical for Cleveland. I always get the catfish, grits, & greens which are prepared perfect every time.

1  Thank andy k
Reviewed September 9, 2013

The food here was delicious! I didn't want to leave Cleveland because of this restaurant alone! It's a quiet place that's in the middle of all the activity that downtown Cleveland has to offer.