“Amazing, Hot Spot”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Solon, Ohio, United States
“Amazing, Hot Spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

This is my second time at Accent, my first experience was with some co-workers after work for the Happy Hour. The yummy appetizers and the atmosphere drew me back for a second visit for dinner with my husband. We shared the Grilled Squid with Sausage, fabulous flavors coming from the Chinese Sausage and the Pork Belly Robata, crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. For dinner I ordered the Togarashi Tuna Steak, it came with the most delicious roasted vegetables. The outer crust of the Tuna was seared with amazing flavors while the inside was rare. Excellent choice. My husband ordered the Hanger Steak, which was cooked to perfection.
Loved the Atmosphere, Service was attentive. I will be back for more!

• Visited April 2013

Cleveland
“Good food. Not great location.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Went on a Saturday night. First impression started with the lack of parking. If you're lucky to snag one of the few metered spots, you pay $1/hour. Otherwise you have to valet for $5. For a location with so little parking available as it is, charging for valet leaves a sour taste. On to the food. Atmosphere is casual but nic. Not too loud. Food is good, not great. Portions sizes are borderline small. Overall, I enjoyed the food, but the location makes and parking make it less likely for me to return any time soon.

• Visited March 2013
naples, fl
“Accent on Food & Decor”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

What a great addition to the Cleveland dining scene. Large, Hip, minimalist spot around the corner from the new MOCA with Asian Fusion cooking. Quite a neat change from the old Italian scene up on Murray Hill. Six of us shared a bunch of apps from dilled veggies to black pig pork belly on a stick plus their special fries from their other spot on Shaker Sq. Then shared the hanger steak all around. Everything was fresh, inventive, tasty and well presented. Service was great and they give you a decent pour on the cocktails. Check it out...you won't be disappointed.

• Visited March 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
“Good but not great.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

Three of us ate here on a Friday night. Last month we ate at SASA on Shaker Square which is owned by the same chef. Except for a few items, the menu is different but similar with modern Asian fusion cooking and many smaller plates along with entrees. My wife and I shared the King Oyster Mushroom from the Robata Grill ($5), the Sasa Fries ($5), and the Robata Grilled Whole Snapper with Roasted Vegetables and Spicy Ponzu Sauce ($32). Our friend had the Robata Grilled Squid with Chinese Sausage appetizer ($12). The mushrooms (2) looked like sausages and were very good. I could have eaten many of these. The Sasa fries are the same ones served at Sasa and come with herbs and two very good sauces on the side. They are excellent. The snapper was a bit of a disappointment. It was good but nothing special. The sauce was good although a bit salty. It came with some nice Asian condiments. It looked big but it didn't have a lot of meat on it. It wasn't enough for two people. We didn't expect it to be, but for $32 it is overpriced. The squid, which I ate part of, was good but not great. At 10:45pm they suddenly informed us that the kitchen was closed and if we wanted anything else we would have to order from the bar menu. We had already ordered so it wasn't a problem but this isn't clear on their web site. Other than that, the waitress was friendly and efficient despite all the questions we asked. They have a large and interesting drink menu including many sakes. Some of the drinks are reasonably priced. The decor is very modern, mostly red and black, with the stylized letters ACCENT in red all over the place. I liked the decor although the noise level was a bit loud. It is conveniently located in University Circle on Euclid Ave. just east of Mayfield. That is, it's convenient if you're walking. There is valet parking available but otherwise you may have to hunt for parking. I feel bad giving a 3 star review. I would be willing to try it again. I'm sure many of their other dishes are better.

• Visited January 2013