“Excellent breakfast”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 16, 2014

Located in a very nice and quiet area, you will be absorbed by this local from the moment you step inside. It is one of that places where the locals eat, and with this kind of places you can rarely go wrong. The breakfast we had here was delicious, cajun potatoes and the steak delightful! If you find yourself in Cleveland, stop by, this is the best place for breakfast!

1  Thank livius44

Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

I really enjoyed this place, great food and great people who work there.
I felt like it may be a local treasure.
If I get back up in the neighborhood again I will definitely stop in again.

It was actually one of the very few places I've been to up north that was down right " Southern " friendly.

3  Thank Tlpoll
Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

We were very pleased with our breakfast at grumpy's. Their menu features standard breakfast there with a twist. The pancakes and omelettes each had a wide selection of add is. The corn beef was particularly good. It is the little details that really made a difference. Selection of toast included a delicious rye bread. The container of syrup she brought for my French toast had been warmed. As for the restaurant and the location the decor is bright and a little funky. The building has its own parking lot, and the location of the restaurant is in up-and-coming neighborhood. I can't find a single thing to criticize or suggestion for improvement.

3  Thank callmeamby
Reviewed July 29, 2014

A cozy Tremont neighborhood spot, this cafe serves up creative, good food with friendly, efficient service in a dining room decorated with local art for sale. It's BYOB and a consistently pleasant casual dining experience.

1  Thank MIFtravels
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We stopped here on a bike ride on Sunday afternoon about a half hour before closing. With the flurry of normal closing activities the ambiance of the place gets lost. We both had omelets which were good but I anticipated better than average food after the comments I got from friends. There is great potential for this place with its location and homey atmosphere. The paintings and photographs by local artists was very nice to see. I would prefer that the carpet be kept clean even during busy times. In an open environment the customers see everything so this it is critical that the entire staff get a refresher course on sanitary requirements. This is a place I would return to and see if things improve.

1  Thank andy k