“Everything and more!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

After reading the reviews, I was excited to bring my husband and daughter here for breakfast this morning. We are visiting from Atlanta to see the A Christmas Story house and Museum.

Off street parking was easy, located next to Grumpy's. We were seated right away and our server, Darlene, was awesome. Our food came out fast and we were all very satisfied with our choices. My husband had the biscuits and sausage gravy with eggs. My daughter had blueberry pancakes with a side of bacon. I had the 14th Street special which was homemade corned beef hash, 2 eggs and toast. YUMMY!!!

Go if you are in the area. They are open for lunch too. Enjoy!

3  Thank christinaxoxo44
There are newer reviews for Grumpy's Cafe

Reviewed December 17, 2013

This year, our Wal-Mart Christmas party was held at this little hole-in-the-wall café. It is definitely more than you expect from looking at it. Don't get me wrong, the building is very well kept! It's just an unexpected treat in the middle of a busy area of Cleveland. The staff was efficient and unobtrusive, which is great for a company party. There were around 23 of us, but the food came out quickly and drinks were refilled before we could think to ask. They were very busy, the parking lot was packed, but it didn't effect the speed or friendliness of the servers at all.
I ordered the Starkweather Omelet and it had Chorizo sausage, mushrooms, tomatoes, salsa and cheese. I put the smallest bit of hot sauce on it, and it was divine! The toast and home fries were great too! The portion size was amazing! I actually had to pause for a bit before I could finish it! I powered through and it was so worth it!
There was also the nice touch of local art on the walls with discreet price tags. A nice place for a breakfast if you're traveling and want a nice meal, not from one of the chain restaurants. Even if you're local and have never been, I'd recommend giving it a try. It's a little far from home for routine visits, but I plan on taking my family there sometime soon!

1  Thank Stevielyn85
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Great place for breakfast, brunch, or lunch. Superb! Great atmosphere! Went here with family and friends. Plenty of variety to choose from. Great place to visit after Christmas Story House tour!

Reviewed October 26, 2013

It was my first visit to Grumpy's. We had a family gathering and a fabulous experience. Our server, Sierra (I think) was very attentive, kept our coffee filled. Very busy on a Saturday mid-morning, but the food arrived fairly quickly and was yummy! Good crowd.

1  Thank mjsjoy
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We had a large group 9 adults and toddler. The food was great. The service was attentive, plenty of coffee and water. The pancakes, the hash and steak / eggs were terrific. It's small but not tight. Simple but not plain; prices are reasonable and we never felt rushed.
Highly recommended