“WOW!”

Provenance and Provenance Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Provenance and Provenance Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 1,835 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Provenance is a 76-seat fine dining restaurant and lounge, located inside the world-renowned Cleveland Museum of Art, that features locally sourced and globally inspired cuisine and a prix fixe menu that complements current museum exhibitions. We accept reservations up to one month in advance to the date.
Spruce Creek, Pennsylvania
“WOW!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

The Cleveland Museum of Art has always been one of the true "gems" of Cleveland, but one thing it always lacked was a good restaurant. The museum has just completed its complete "rebirth" and has added a restaurant. Not just any restaurant, but probably the best restaurant in Cleveland. The new owners (consultants) on the restaurant are familiar Cleveland names, but they have outdone themselves with this one. We went for lunch. It was crowded (great to see during the week) but the service was punctual, efficient, and attentive. Could not have asked for more. I had the trout. I had just had the trout at Lola the previous week and it was its usual good quality. The trout at Provenance outdid the trout at Lola. The remaining lunches were just as good. Cannot wait to go back!

• Visited July 2013

Cleveland
“Provenance Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

Absolutely amazing. If you go, and you like any type of white fish, you simply must get the trout. Ask for it to have extra crispy skin - and DO eat the skin. It's safe, and delicious. The potatoes confit served with the trout were so good.

Lunch prices are markedly less than dinner prices. This may be helpful for some.

Our waitress was Allison, and she was incredibly helpful and attentive.

A great place for a truly divine meal!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Jessica S
New York City, New York
“A real gem of a cafe”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

The café was an unexpected delight after a visit to the Cleveland Museum of Art on a damp and cold winter's day. I was blissfully unaware of the café's existence until I decided - on the spur of the moment - to grab a quick lunch at the Museum that day.

I found the lunch menu at the café very interesting, with sufficient flexibility to offer vegetarians something more than simply a salad. The food was fresh and well prepared. Knowing what I know now I would have scanned the menu more thoroughly! I sampled the vegetarian cheeseburger on a brioche bun with garlic fries and aioli on the side. I washed the meal down with a "gourmet" Virgil’s root beer - which the company claims is a micro-brewed root beer and is to root beer "what Ben and Jerry’s is to ice cream." I was very pleased with both my choices.

The cafe has an open kitchen so you can watch chefs create your order. You can take your food to go, dine inside the contemporary café or eat at one of the tables in the lovely Atrium, the centerpiece of the museum renovation project. I sat in the Atrium and loved it!

I had a chance meeting with someone at the café, whom I now know was Chef Douglas Katz himself. I was in one of the check-out lines and the lady in front of me was having problems completing her card transaction and he came over, apologized for the delay and offered not to charge me for my order as compensation. Though I did not accept the offer, it was a very generous and considerate gesture indeed!

I trust you will be better informed than I was and include a visit to the Provenance Café as part of your next outing to the Museum. My next trip to Cleveland will definitely include dinner at the Provenance Restaurant itself!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank OZinNY
Willoughby Hills, Ohio
“Unbelievable Find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

This cafe has only been open since October 2012. Mainly lunch but dinner on Wednesday and Fridays. It has a small menu but all is excellent and changes monthly. The wine and drinks are top shelf too. It is a great venue for getting together with friends but can lend itself to a small business meeting. I give credit to Mark Kroner Director of Operations and Chef Partner Douglas Katz for developing a wonderful place at the Cleveland Museum of Art.

• Visited April 2013
Rocky River Ohio
“Wonderful sunday brunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

What a lovely way to spend a Sunday afternoon. We were attending a concert at the Gartner Auditorium at decided to have brunch before the event. We are so happy that we did! The first course is a lovely assortment of scones, fresh fruit, croissants. The entree's all look so enticing - the Grand Marnier French toast was superb! And the green smoothie was delicious! But make reservations. We are glad that we did because it would have been impossible to get in today until later. It's easily done on the museum website through opentable or by calling. Enjoy!

• Visited April 2013