“Unique place so so food”
Review of Whistlestop - CLOSED

Whistlestop
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

I went there with my wife and a neiborgh 1-8-13. The place was very cold even sitting in front of the gas fire place. Bread or Rolls do no come with meals. Ordered draft beer which was a great value. Wife ordered BBQ chicken which was a huge disappointment since it was two chicken breast with bottled BBQ sauce poured on top with caned pineapple rid bits on top. Sauce was terrible. I ordered Black and Blue Burger medium and it came out rare and no Blue Chesse. I had to send back and it still came back rare. Our neiborgh had a rock hard baked potato Must have been cooked ahead of time and reheated. Chesse cake serving was very small for the price. I asked the server about the Blue Chesse burger she stated that they had a new cook. I still paid for the Blue Chesse. The tables had glass coverings had grey Duct tape covering the edges. Very tacky. Will not go back. Food seams to be slopped together and not hot.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

I know this small restaraunt / bar has special lunches for Five Bucks each weekday. ADD THE CHEESE CAKE for desert. Each day a different, exotic, awsome, love it. Shelly's Cheese Cake. Good fish frys and plenty of smiles for all with great help.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

In this case they keep the 2 areas separated, so if you want a more quiet dinner, you can be on a different floor than the Tavern. Great specials. I had the 10oz sirloin steak, with baked potato & grilled vegetables. The cost for that was &10.00 even. That's hard to beat, and the food is realy great quality and good portions.