“Convenient” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of JACK Cleveland Casino

JACK Cleveland Casino
Ranked #18 of 175 things to do in Cleveland
More attraction details
Owner description: Originally recognized as Horseshoe Casino Cleveland, we opened as Ohio's first full-service casino inside the historic Higbee Building in downtown Cleveland, OH in May 2012. Adding to the city's impressive sports, entertainment and cultural attractions, JACK Cleveland Casino welcomed more than give million guests to the casino in its first year of operations. The $350 million gaming destination employs 1,600 team members and features 1,600+ slot machines 89 table games and a large Poker room; along with lounges, a buffet restaurant and a three-outlet food court. JACK Cleveland also has partnerships with a dozen local restaurants and three downtown hotels. During construction the development created nearly 2,000 construction jobs.
Massillon, Ohio
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Convenient”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

Very easy to get to with free parking if you gamble at least 30 minutes. Currently you have to walk about two blocks from the parking deck to the casino but they are in the process of building a skywalk across the intersection. I prefer the second floor as it is more like a casino than downstairs with the high ceilings.

Visited October 2013

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“James Bond Casino”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

Years ago I've been to Vegas casinos, I've been to these big box type casinos in New York and Florida but this casino stands out as one with some character. The casino is located in an old historic downtown Cleveland building that was beautifully renovated. The main floor has an old world feel like the casinos you would see James Bond frequenting in the movies. There are three floors of gambling of all sorts. We only played the slots, which didn't pay out so well, but realistically one doesn't go to a casino to win money, do they? It does get a bit crowded in the early evenings and holidays. Don't miss the buffet downstairs it has every type of food imaginable of restaurant quality and the coffee is outstanding.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Gretskiskily
Olmsted Falls
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“"Watch where you sit"”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

My first time there when the casino first opened, it was extremely crowded and we had to wait for a slot machine, which was expected. My husband finally found an open slot and sat down, my legs were tired so I sat on my husband's knee and low and behold I Got Yelled at! Yep, they told me I couldn't sit on his knee because it was dangerous! Really?? I was then sent a promotional card in the mail stating that I was GUARANTEED some gift of some sort so when I went down there to get gift, you were required to swipe your players card and my spin was a LOSER, so they informed me I couldn't get my GUARANTEED gift!! Really?? Then we received a card in the mail informing us of our free play amount that was awarded to us, and when we went we to use our free play, there wasn't any!! When I questioned it, I was informed there was a glitch in the system and no one's free play was available. Really?? Lastly, slots are very tight. I don't ever expect to come home a big winner, but I would like to at least play for a while before I lose all of my money. Would much rather take the drive to West Virginia.

Visited October 2013
6 Thank Amy S
Independence, Ohio
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“A Place Called Higbee's”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

At 100 Public Square, adjacent to Tower City, is a Place Called Higbee's. At least that was its name for decades. Now, this majestic building, depicted in the 1980's movie, "A Christmas Story," is home to the Horsehoe Casino. I will never forget when I was young visiting Mr. Jingeling, a Holiday icon, on Higbee's 7th floor. This was followed by a special lunch on Higbee's 10th floor, at the Silver Grille. This building, which housed memories for so very many Clevelanders, unfortunately closed its doors in 2002, only to open fully renovated, a decade later as the Horseshoe Casino. For any gambler's delight the casino is filled with an array of slot machines and tables. The staff is very cordial and the facility is clean and ornately designed. So, now that we have grown up, we have moved from the world of fantasy
Christmas characters to fantasy million dollar gambling tables.

Visited August 2013
cleveland
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Nothing to write home about”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

I have been to casinos inn several states and Canada. I was not impressed with Cleveland's effort. It seems a little dingy and there's not much isle room to walk around. Definitely not Vegas! In fact I still drive from Cleveland all the way to West Virginia's casino so that I can have a cigar while I play (Cleveland is no smoking). Also BEWARE, the Casino advertises free parking if you gamble for 30 minutes, NOT True! You must get a certain amount of points, which I didn't reach at the penny machines so I had to pay for parking.

Visited April 2013