“Horseshoe "THE SHOE" Casino”

JACK Cleveland Casino
Ranked #17 of 183 things to do in Cleveland
More attraction details
Owner description: Originally recognized as Horseshoe Casino Cleveland, we opened as Ohio's first full-service casino inside the historic Higbee Building in downtown Cleveland, OH in May 2012. Adding to the city's impressive sports, entertainment and cultural attractions, JACK Cleveland Casino welcomed more than give million guests to the casino in its first year of operations. The $350 million gaming destination employs 1,600 team members and features 1,600+ slot machines 89 table games and a large Poker room; along with lounges, a buffet restaurant and a three-outlet food court. JACK Cleveland also has partnerships with a dozen local restaurants and three downtown hotels. During construction the development created nearly 2,000 construction jobs.
Cleveland, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Horseshoe "THE SHOE" Casino”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I would like to say that the Horseshoe is a great place and does a great job to make the experience a good one. Those of you who do not like it because you did not win as one commentor states "a couple hundred would have been nice" yeah it would, but guess what.....this does not always happen.....I have at the tables won over $11,000.00 since Jan 5th to the present......I am ahead as I only frequent on Saturdays, and try to stay under a $600.00 trip budget, although that does not always happen...The place is a asset to the City and the community and the security doesd a good job at keeping riff-raff out, better then the Vegas casinos do. The staff friendly and helpful and if you are lucky enough to have a casino host they are the bomb.....Helpful to any extent......Its takes money to win money and you not ging to win big most times by spending a little, but it does happen from time to time.

Visited February 2013

13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“Always a great time!”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I live on the west side of CLE so I "frequent" the casino when I have time and the funds. Nonetheless.... it is hard to say anything bad about the place. I like that it is smoke free aka Ohio Law. The slot machines are close together however where aren't they close together...that is the point. The waitresses, pit bosses, Total Rewards assistants, and whomever else employed is always helpful and courteous.

Since the casino is brand new....everything is state of the art and digital. Its hard to find an old style slot machine with actually spinning reels instead they are digital. While slotting, you can also order a drink on a touch pad that is on the screen...very interesting. The architecture is very beautiful. Everything appears to always be clean and neat, hardly ever see drink glasses lying around.

Not to brag but Ive stepped foot in every Vegas strip/downtown casino as well as been to casinos in Tahoe, California, Michigan, PA, WV, NY, and Canada,etc. This def has the most modern devices ie slot machines however it should...b/c its new.

Shockingly I did not like the buffet. I had dinner twice and just was not crazy about it. Actually, I strongly disliked it. I'm not picky when it comes to my food either....will eat just about everything. But it seemed like whatever I ate was either too cod, overcooked, under cooked, or swimming in oil. The only thing I liked was the mac and cheese bar. Again, I am not picky at all...just wasnt my night to have good luck I guess.

The only thing I am not a fan of is the $15 table mins. However, if you can fill these tables day in/out, there is no use for $5 tables....I understand that from a business point.

All in all I do enjoy the casino. Close to home, clean, and there is a lot to do in the area. I also love the Total Rewards program and highly recommend signing up if not a member.

Visited February 2013
3 Thank mdm4sfest
Pittsburgh
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Great Getaway”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Went to the Horseshoe in Cleveland for the first time on January 29th, 2013. Loved the fact that the casino is totally non smoking. It made for a more enjoyable experience. The entire staff was the friendliest and most helpful of any CZR property we ever played at. The casino is 4 floors, top floor features the poker room and Diamond Lounge, 3rd floor had a small food court, numerous slots & tables games, 2nd floor featured the High Limit area, more slots & table games and finally, the first floor contained a small gift shop and the Spread Buffet. The Spread Buffet is without a doubt, one of the best buffets I have ever eaten at. Presentation & selection was fantastic. There is a strong security presence at this property making us feel very safe at all times. Our stay was comped and we were put up at the Ritz Carlton Hotel. It's a short 5 minute walk from the hotel, thru the mall & into the casino. Accommodations at the Ritz were first class all the way. The Horseshoe is perfect for a one day/night getaway. We will without a doubt return on the regular basis.

Visited January 2013
3 Thank RanMan07
Akron, Ohio
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Dealers and Pit staff were great!”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Finally made my first trip to the Cleveland Horseshoe. I frequent Las Vegas and did not expect the experience to live up to the nicer casinos there. I was pleasantly surprised to find that I was wrong. The dealers all had personality and made the gaming fun. The pit bosses took time to talk to the players and address them by name. The casino has done a tremendous job in training their employees.

Visited January 2013
3 Thank Ken D
Mogadore, Ohio
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Disappointed”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I was checking this new casino out and man I was disappointed. All the hype for this new casino and all the money that they put into it.. I realize that this is a temporality home for the casino but I disappointed in the return on the slots. I was there with three other people and none of us hit. I was really excited for this casino but really disappointed. It will be a long time before i go back. I hope other people have better luck than I did. I don't expect to hit big, but a couple of hundred dollars would have been nice.

Visited November 2012