“Great Getaway”

JACK Cleveland Casino
Ranked #17 of 183 things to do in Cleveland
More attraction details
Owner description: Originally recognized as Horseshoe Casino Cleveland, we opened as Ohio's first full-service casino inside the historic Higbee Building in downtown Cleveland, OH in May 2012. Adding to the city's impressive sports, entertainment and cultural attractions, JACK Cleveland Casino welcomed more than give million guests to the casino in its first year of operations. The $350 million gaming destination employs 1,600 team members and features 1,600+ slot machines 89 table games and a large Poker room; along with lounges, a buffet restaurant and a three-outlet food court. JACK Cleveland also has partnerships with a dozen local restaurants and three downtown hotels. During construction the development created nearly 2,000 construction jobs.
Pittsburgh
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Great Getaway”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Went to the Horseshoe in Cleveland for the first time on January 29th, 2013. Loved the fact that the casino is totally non smoking. It made for a more enjoyable experience. The entire staff was the friendliest and most helpful of any CZR property we ever played at. The casino is 4 floors, top floor features the poker room and Diamond Lounge, 3rd floor had a small food court, numerous slots & tables games, 2nd floor featured the High Limit area, more slots & table games and finally, the first floor contained a small gift shop and the Spread Buffet. The Spread Buffet is without a doubt, one of the best buffets I have ever eaten at. Presentation & selection was fantastic. There is a strong security presence at this property making us feel very safe at all times. Our stay was comped and we were put up at the Ritz Carlton Hotel. It's a short 5 minute walk from the hotel, thru the mall & into the casino. Accommodations at the Ritz were first class all the way. The Horseshoe is perfect for a one day/night getaway. We will without a doubt return on the regular basis.

3 Thank RanMan07

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Akron, Ohio
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Dealers and Pit staff were great!”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Finally made my first trip to the Cleveland Horseshoe. I frequent Las Vegas and did not expect the experience to live up to the nicer casinos there. I was pleasantly surprised to find that I was wrong. The dealers all had personality and made the gaming fun. The pit bosses took time to talk to the players and address them by name. The casino has done a tremendous job in training their employees.

3 Thank Ken D
Mogadore, Ohio
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Disappointed”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I was checking this new casino out and man I was disappointed. All the hype for this new casino and all the money that they put into it.. I realize that this is a temporality home for the casino but I disappointed in the return on the slots. I was there with three other people and none of us hit. I was really excited for this casino but really disappointed. It will be a long time before i go back. I hope other people have better luck than I did. I don't expect to hit big, but a couple of hundred dollars would have been nice.

Visited November 2012
3 Thank Diane S
Hudson, Ohio
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 86 helpful votes
“Not a good representation of Cleveland!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have lived in this area for 57 years. Finally made it to the new casino last Friday, the 17th. I found out that if you have a coupon from a competing casino, they will double it. I took mine from Mountaineer. That was the only good thing I can say for this casino. It was not very handicapped friendly. No help opening the doors. No automatic doors in the "Welcome Center". When we finally made it through the two sets of doors, a staircase was in front of me. Back out through the doors and found a handicapped door with a small elevator type thing to take you down to the bottom of the stairs. All of the machines are so close together there is no room to move. Could not see much because the wheelchair could not go through all of the aisles. Lots of penny and two cent slots with a max bet of two dollars or more. Not many quarter machines. The ones I did find were progressive and max bet at about two dollars. The only video poker I could find was on the first level and they were so old and didn't pay out at all. The drinks were $7.00 for a Jack Daniels Old Fashioned. I expected to pay about that, but the glass was barely half full. There is a handicapped bathroom stall but the toilet is so close to the floor. The purpose of a handicapped toilet is to be higher than normal. You missed this one, Horseshoe. The food court looks so big on line, but it is very small and overpriced. I can go the the actual restaurants and pay less for the same food. Not too smart, Corky and Lenny's! This casino was such a disappointment to me and my family. We will not be going back again. We love Mountaineer, they cater to everyone! And we will be going back there! Oh, and the elevator in the parking garage was behind a wall so no one could see you enter or exit. If something happened no one would see. Not very safe. When we walked from the "Welcome Center" to the casino, there was no security on Prospect Avenue until we got to the casino doors! So sad!!

6 Thank Drene
Cleveland, Ohio
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 139 helpful votes
“We had a good time”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We went to the Horshoe Casino on Sunday for brunch in the Spread Buffet, and then to do some gambling in the Casino. We did valet parking since I had two older ladies with me. Each door is monitored by security personnel that checked our purses.

We then went down to the lower level for the Spread Buffet. On Sundays, you pay $23.99 for the buffet and it includes breakfast, dinner and dessert items. There are various stations, including Salad, Italian, American (this had the breakfast foods) Carvery (sliced by request including prime rib, turkey, ham, and pork) Asian, Desserts (including all kinds of cakes, pies and a gelato bar! Yum!) and there were other stations, too. I started with eggs benedict and breakfast options and then had some of the Italian and Asian food. Everything was hot, and very good. Food was plentiful, employees were very nice. I had some cream puffs for dessert and a small helping of gelato and it was excellent. We got to the buffet about 11:30am and left about 12:30pm, and when we left they had a line forming with about 10 people in line, so I am sure it gets a bit crowded.

We then headed upstairs for the gambling. The casino was crowded so we went up to the second floor where they have lots of slot machines and video poker. The first floor had gaming tables. The second floor also has a food court, including Michael Symon's B Spot and Corky and Lennys - I think there were more items in the food court, but I only saw those two when we went up the escalators. I played video poker for a bit, none of us are gamblers. I was glad to see that you can use actual cash, I have been to the one in Niagara Falls and you have to buy tokens.

The casino was very clean, decorated beautifully, bathrooms were very nice and clean. However, we sat at our machines for about 40 minutes and didn't see someone we could put in an order for a drink. The buffet doesn't offer any alcohol at all. Obviously, you don't really want to get up from your machine and go get a drink, so not sure what was going on. I glanced around and saw people with drinks, but not sure if they got up to get them, or what the story was. We enjoyed our visit and will go back.

2 Thank LondonLady